Invalid operation on closed object
Author Message
 Invalid operation on closed object

That is the error I'm getting on the the last of the
following lines (the IF statement):

  userid = Request.Form("userid")
  userpw = Request.Form("userpw")
  userrn = Request.Form("userrn")
  UIDInsert = "INSERT INTO UserInfo( UserID, Password, RealName ) " &_
              "SELECT '" & userid & "', '" & userpw & "', '" & userrn & "'"
  Set InsertUser = OBJdbConnection.Execute(UIDInsert)

  If ( InsertUser("UserID") = userid ) and ( InsertUser("Password") =
userpw )
      and ( InsertUser("RealName") = userrn ) then

I don't understand.  What does it mean by 'closed object'?  Is it trying to
somehow set the values of those fields?  If so, how do I check to see if
the values are the same?  I tried "EQV" to the same conclusion.
What am I missing?

Chris

Mon, 29 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invalid operation on closed object

Hello Chris and All,

 sorry for my question: You are really a beginner? My best
tip for this case: Look for your resources. If you have some
free on your box, install IIS. The roadmap contains all (not
good <g>) the basic information you need. For use with
WSH, you have only to remove the HTML around it.

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

Phone : +49-621-37 53 86
(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:

>That is the error I'm getting on the the last of the
>following lines (the IF statement):

>  userid = Request.Form("userid")
>  userpw = Request.Form("userpw")
>  userrn = Request.Form("userrn")
>  UIDInsert = "INSERT INTO UserInfo( UserID, Password, RealName ) " &_
>              "SELECT '" & userid & "', '" & userpw & "', '" & userrn & "'"
>  Set InsertUser = OBJdbConnection.Execute(UIDInsert)

>  If ( InsertUser("UserID") = userid ) and ( InsertUser("Password") =
>userpw )
>      and ( InsertUser("RealName") = userrn ) then

>I don't understand.  What does it mean by 'closed object'?  Is it trying to
>somehow set the values of those fields?  If so, how do I check to see if
>the values are the same?  I tried "EQV" to the same conclusion.
>What am I missing?

>Chris

Wed, 31 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. '3709': Operation is not allowed on an object referencing a closed or invalid connection

2. ADO Command Object Error 3711 Invalid Operation

3. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

4. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

5. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed and CommanTimeout,

6. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

7. operation is not allowed when the object is closed

8. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

9. Stored Proc problems - Operation not allowed when the object is closed

10. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed - error

11. operation not allowed when object is closed

12. Invalid target element for this operation / insertAdjacentHTML