Run-time error '429'
Author Message
 Run-time error '429'

Hi I am using filesystemobject = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
on my development PC. This works great and I can use filesystemobject to
copy files around willy nilly. However when I distribute this application to
another NT machine I get Run-time error '429' activex cannot create object.
I am using vb6 and have tried deploying the app with the deployment wizard
and a third party installation package to no avail. Any help on this would
be gratefully received.

Regards

Andrew

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error '429'
Are you sure the permissions on the directory and/or files on your other NT
machine will allow you to create files?  I had this same problem whereby I
couldn't write to a TextStream object becuase I didn't have permissions on
the LogFile.  Changed the permissions, and it worked fine.

Deane

Quote:
> Hi I am using filesystemobject =

createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
Quote:
> on my development PC. This works great and I can use filesystemobject to
> copy files around willy nilly. However when I distribute this application
> another NT machine I get Run-time error '429' activex cannot create
object.
> I am using vb6 and have tried deploying the app with the deployment wizard
> and a third party installation package to no avail. Any help on this would
> be gratefully received.

> Regards

> Andrew

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

2. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

3. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

5. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

7. Run-time error '429'

8. Run-time error '429'

9. Run-time error '429'

10. COM+ : Run-time error '429'