database connections... Please Help
Author Message
 database connections... Please Help

Hi all,

I'm having a little bit of trouble with the closing of database connections.
I think I am doing it properly, but I get the same error each time I do it.
It basically states that you cannot close a database connection until the
current transaction is closed. I figured that CommitTrans or RollbackTrans
would do this, but I am not entirely sure.

Can someone please tell me WHEN to close database connections in terms of
active transactions? ie can you do it whilst a transaction is still alive?
Can it be forced?

Thanks,

John.

There are always the power to overcome hurdles in life.
Whether a person can overcome the problem, depends
on how much they want it. So GO FOR IT. ^_^

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:46:39 GMT
 database connections... Please Help
no, commitTrans does not close a database, only commits the actions between the
beginTrans and commitTrans. You still have to close the database. Not a good
idea to try to close prior to a commitTrans (or error detection with the
rollbackTrans)

Graham

db.open...
rs.open....
db.beginTrans
< all your actions>
db.commitTrans  ' does all your actions, puts another user 'on hold' till
commitTrans is completed
rs.close
db.close

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm having a little bit of trouble with the closing of database connections.
> I think I am doing it properly, but I get the same error each time I do it.
> It basically states that you cannot close a database connection until the
> current transaction is closed. I figured that CommitTrans or RollbackTrans
> would do this, but I am not entirely sure.

> Can someone please tell me WHEN to close database connections in terms of
> active transactions? ie can you do it whilst a transaction is still alive?
> Can it be forced?

> Thanks,

> John.

> --

> There are always the power to overcome hurdles in life.
> Whether a person can overcome the problem, depends
> on how much they want it. So GO FOR IT. ^_^

--
Increasing your RAM only makes the error messages faster

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:28:43 GMT

1. Interbase 1.0 error inserting more than 1650 tubles in tables using Windows 95

2. serial communications?

3. Database connections... PLEASE HELP....

4. database connections.... Please Help....

5. Question about opening and closing database connections. Please help

6. JSCRIPT + ASP + DATABASE CONNECTIONS - PLEASE HELP!!!!

7. Scanning in DOS

8. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

9. --> Help please, database connection problem <--

10. Database connection error - Please Help!

11. Database Connection problems Please help !!!

12. DATAbase Printing PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?