email script
Author Message
 email script

Hello all,
     How would I go about sending an email with VBScript.  Also, if anyone
can pass along any online vbscript resources, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced,
-Mike

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:38:54 GMT
 email script
So many examples have been posted in the past...

Google Usenet Advanced Search

with all of the words: vbscript email

newsgroup: microsoft.public.scripting.*

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello all,
>      How would I go about sending an email with vbscript.  Also, if anyone
> can pass along any online vbscript resources, I would appreciate it.

> Thanks in advanced,
> -Mike

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:35:01 GMT
 email script

Quote:

> Hello all,
>      How would I go about sending an email with vbscript.  Also, if anyone
> can pass along any online vbscript resources, I would appreciate it.

For some online vbscript resources references, take a look at this thread:

Subject: beginner looking for resources
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
Date: 2002-01-31 08:11:00 PST

You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to get it :-)

--
torgeir

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 05:30:39 GMT
 email script
Code snippet using CDO 1.21

Dim objSession
Dim objMessage
Dim objOneRecip

' create a session then log on, supplying username and password
Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
' change the parameters to valid values for your configuration
objSession.Logon 'profileName:="Jane Doe", _
                 'profilePassword:="my_pword"

' create a message and fill in its properties
Set objMessage = objSession.Outbox.Messages.Add
objMessage.Subject = "Sample Message"
objMessage.Text = "This is some sample message text."

' create the recipient
Set objOneRecip = objMessage.Recipients.Add
objOneRecip.Name = "John Doe"
objOneRecip.Type = CdoTo
objOneRecip.Resolve

' send the message and log off
objMessage.Update
objMessage.Send showDialog:=False
MsgBox "The message has been sent"
objSession.Logoff

Regards,

This posting is provided ?AS IS?, with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:43:55 GMT
 email script

Quote:

> ' create a session then log on, supplying username and password
> Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
> ' change the parameters to valid values for your configuration
> objSession.Logon 'profileName:="Jane Doe", _
>                  'profilePassword:="my_pword"

Nice code but has a major bug a lot of people actually confusing when using
CDO 1.21. CDO 1.21 neither supports a username nor password in Windows
authentication terms.

The CDO 1.21 logon only accepts a MAPI profile name which must match a MAPI
profile stored in the local users registry. The password is only used to
open a password protected store like a PST file but cannot be used to
authentication an account in Windows.

Just my $.02 US

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Technology
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:59:28 GMT
 email script
Indeed the profile was built on certain windows account/password.

This posting is provided ?AS IS?, with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:23:22 GMT

1. How to reduce the risk of Email script viruses

2. VbCr not working in ASP Email Script

3. How to reduce the risk of Email script viruses

4. Help With Email Script

5. Email Script

6. Email scripting problems

7. How to reduce the risk of Email script viruses

8. email script using cdo

9. email script for multiple recipients

10. MEMO with SQL

11. Canterbury Pascal for JVM update

12. Problem with crt.tpu on 300Mhz machines