Remote access to NT Service Manager
Author Message
 Remote access to NT Service Manager

Does anyone know of anything comparable to the SC.EXE (command line
utility) for remote access to NT Service Manager from within an ASP?
For remote access to the WINNT registry I've used the Registry Access
Control (free from Microsoft).  I was hoping there was something akin
to this control for remotely controlling NT services.  Any related
info would be much appreciated.

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote access to NT Service Manager
There are many. You could also piece one together yourself. Take a look
at my book, Programming Windows Services.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/047138576X/kbcafe
--
Randy Charles Morin [MVP] - http://www.kbcafe.com/
Author of "Programming Windows Services"

Quote:
> Does anyone know of anything comparable to the SC.EXE (command line
> utility) for remote access to NT Service Manager from within an ASP?
> For remote access to the WINNT registry I've used the Registry Access
> Control (free from Microsoft).  I was hoping there was something akin
> to this control for remotely controlling NT services.  Any related
> info would be much appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Remote access to NT Service Manager

2. The NT Service Control Manager On A Remote Machine

3. How to Run Automation Manager as a Windows NT Service

4. NT Service Control Manager

5. Using a VB Service (Without Desktop Manager active on NT)

6. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

7. starting nt service on remote computer

8. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

9. Start and stop a Service an a remote NT-workstation

10. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

11. Start and stop a Service an a remote NT-workstation

12. NT Service Pack Info of remote host