Reload frame
Author Message
 Reload frame

We have the following scenario:

Page with two frames. Left hand frame "Navigation" provides navigation
buttons. User is provided with three "default" buttons when page is loaded.
As user proceeds through the pages in the right hand frame they are setting
choices that update an array that is used to build the page in the
navigation frame. All pages are ASP.

We currently use a META refresh in the navigation frame page to reload the
page every 15 seconds. When a reload occurs the array is reread and the page
built accordingly.

Problem: We want to eliminate the META refresh and have the navigation page
rebuilt only when needed. We cannot figure out how to reload the navigation
page into the navigation frame. If we use Response.Redirect it loads into
the right hand frame(because the page that called it was in the right
handframe). How can pages be targeted to frames with Response.Redirect??

We have tried using "base target" with no luck. I also would like to avoid
reloading the entire frame page. This works, but it is an ugly fix.

Hopefully I have described what we are trying to accomplish clearly enough.
Any clues are suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

--
David Ponder
Matrix Integration Technology, Inc

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reload frame

You'd have to use DHTML, I use the following JavaScript:

window.open('http://url/index.asp', 'FrameName', '');

--
Steven Fisher
IIS4 & NT4 Hosting

Quote:

>We have the following scenario:

>Page with two frames. Left hand frame "Navigation" provides navigation
>buttons. User is provided with three "default" buttons when page is loaded.
>As user proceeds through the pages in the right hand frame they are setting
>choices that update an array that is used to build the page in the
>navigation frame. All pages are ASP.

>We currently use a META refresh in the navigation frame page to reload the
>page every 15 seconds. When a reload occurs the array is reread and the
page
>built accordingly.

>Problem: We want to eliminate the META refresh and have the navigation page
>rebuilt only when needed. We cannot figure out how to reload the navigation
>page into the navigation frame. If we use Response.Redirect it loads into
>the right hand frame(because the page that called it was in the right
>handframe). How can pages be targeted to frames with Response.Redirect??

>We have tried using "base target" with no luck. I also would like to avoid
>reloading the entire frame page. This works, but it is an ugly fix.

>Hopefully I have described what we are trying to accomplish clearly enough.
>Any clues are suggestions would be appreciated

>Thanks

>--
>David Ponder
>Matrix Integration Technology, Inc

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reload frame

We dynamically rebuild the frameset everytime something happens, eg. user
follows a hyperlink.

Yours
  Jonas E

Wed, 16 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reload frame

Let's suppose your frames are called 'NavBar' and 'Body'. You can try the
following JavaScript Code in one of your page that is loaded in the Body
frame:

<script language=JavaScript>
NavBar.document.location = '/newMenu.htm';
</script>

or

<script language=JavaScript>
NavBar.document.location.replace('/newMenu.htm");
</script>

This will tell the browser to load the newMenu.htm in the NavBar frame.

Hope this helps,
Suwat.

Quote:

>We have the following scenario:

>Page with two frames. Left hand frame "Navigation" provides navigation
>buttons. User is provided with three "default" buttons when page is loaded.
>As user proceeds through the pages in the right hand frame they are setting
>choices that update an array that is used to build the page in the
>navigation frame. All pages are ASP.

>We currently use a META refresh in the navigation frame page to reload the
>page every 15 seconds. When a reload occurs the array is reread and the
page
>built accordingly.

>Problem: We want to eliminate the META refresh and have the navigation page
>rebuilt only when needed. We cannot figure out how to reload the navigation
>page into the navigation frame. If we use Response.Redirect it loads into
>the right hand frame(because the page that called it was in the right
>handframe). How can pages be targeted to frames with Response.Redirect??

>We have tried using "base target" with no luck. I also would like to avoid
>reloading the entire frame page. This works, but it is an ugly fix.

>Hopefully I have described what we are trying to accomplish clearly enough.
>Any clues are suggestions would be appreciated

>Thanks

>--
>David Ponder
>Matrix Integration Technology, Inc

Wed, 16 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to reload frame from another frame

2. reloading frame from a popup window

3. Reloading frame from server-side VBScript

4. Reloading Frame ??

5. Reloading Frame

6. Reload Frame

7. reloading frame

8. reload frames

9. Reloading Frame

10. Newbie script question : reload a frame from another frame

11. Reload a frame

12. Reload a frame