changing from physical to ODBC - don't know how - thanks!
Author Message
 changing from physical to ODBC - don't know how - thanks!

Hi...

first, let me say that I think Snitz is an INCREDIBLE forum!!!

I got it configured and working straight away on my
http://www.*-*-*.com/ - check it out!).

However, I'm using a new web host ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) - they have
some really good deals.

My conn string in config.asp is giving me a problem:

strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=\\premfs2\sites\premium7\username\database\snitz_forums_2000.mdb"

as it appears on my current webhost...  like I said, it worked the first
time.

strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=d:\home\default\geelongtrader.com\htdocs\forum\snitz_forums_2000.mdb"

The docs online for the web host talk about an ODBC connection...

I set one up and gave it a name (dhi), but I do not know what I need
to modify to get the stupid forum to work.

I've always used a physical path and do not know how to set up a database
connection using ODBC.

any help would be *GREATLY* appreciated.

-Lucy

thanks!!

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:29:01 GMT

1. Access ODBC driver error

2. Access and linked ODBC tables don't use ODBC Definition

3. Help-don't know what i'm missing

4. Don't know if i'm in the right newsgroup

5. HELP : ODBC's physical-order read error message

6. help!

7. High Precision Arithmetic

8. win95 shutdown

9. lint for TP?

10. not exactely scripting but don't know where else

11. Don't Know who else to ask.

12. syntax error but don't know where