ODBC 'Microsoft Text Driver' Problems utilizing ASP
Author Message
 ODBC 'Microsoft Text Driver' Problems utilizing ASP

I'm trying to access a text based data file using ADO and
the Microsoft Text Driver.  I keep getting an error message
that says it's not a valid path, when in fact the path does, indeed,
exist on the server.  I tried doing a similar thing with the Microsoft
Access Driver in the same directory and an Access database
and it worked fine.  Any help would be highly appreciated...
Thanks in advance!  -Scott

Here's my connect string (I didn't send all my code up but I can
if I need too):

Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};
DBQ=E:\SCOTT\test\recipients\upload\sampledata.txt;
Extensions=asc,csv,tab,txt;

Here's the error I'm getting:

[Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure
that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the
server on which the file resides.

/recipients/Sample1.asp, line 88

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC 'Microsoft Text Driver' Problems utilizing ASP
I got it...

Connect string should be this instead:

Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};
DefaultDir=E:\SCOTT\test\recipients\upload;
Extensions=asc,csv,tab,txt;

Thanks,
Scott

Quote:
> I'm trying to access a text based data file using ADO and
> the Microsoft Text Driver.  I keep getting an error message
> that says it's not a valid path, when in fact the path does, indeed,
> exist on the server.  I tried doing a similar thing with the Microsoft
> Access Driver in the same directory and an Access database
> and it worked fine.  Any help would be highly appreciated...
> Thanks in advance!  -Scott

> Here's my connect string (I didn't send all my code up but I can
> if I need too):

> Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};
> DBQ=E:\SCOTT\test\recipients\upload\sampledata.txt;
> Extensions=asc,csv,tab,txt;

> Here's the error I'm getting:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

> [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure
> that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the
> server on which the file resides.

> /recipients/Sample1.asp, line 88

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC 'Microsoft Text Driver' problems with ASP

2. ASP: Error '80040e23' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.

3. * Microsoft Text Driver as an ODBC driver

4. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

5. ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'...

6. [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

7. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

8. ODBC TEXT Driver - What's the score?

9. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

10. Microsoft Text Driver ( ODBC )

11. How to see first line as data with ADO+ODBC/Microsoft Text Driver

12. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]