calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????
Author Message
 calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????

    Hi,
Is it possible to call an ASP function that performs an SQL Query from
within a Visual Basic Script / JavaScript function???

... That way you could generate Recordsets dynamically as needed, without
having to reload the webpage. Thanx in advance,

    ngel

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:48:51 GMT
 calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????
No, asp is executed at the server, so you'd have to send back the sql
statement and receive it's generated output again.
Have you tried dhtml? It could do client-side filtering of the results
without reloading but you'd have a much larger page of html to start with.

Quote:
>     Hi,
> Is it possible to call an ASP function that performs an SQL Query from
> within a Visual Basic Script / JavaScript function???

> ... That way you could generate Recordsets dynamically as needed,
> without having to reload the webpage. Thanx in advance,

>     ngel

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:26:27 GMT

1. calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????

2. ERROR 200:Div. by zero

3. The weekly FAQ item about the Pascal newsgroups' reorganization

4. How do I call JScript functions from within ASP written in JScript

5. calling C++ dll from VBScript within ASP

6. Pictures & Sound

7. FOR loops and disk writing

8. How to pass an n-dim array from VBScript to JScript within an ASP page

9. call a jscript-function in the vbscript-part of an asp-page

10. deleting an alias from BDE at runtime

11. Delphi: TList class : How the hell do I use it ?

12. Calling a second VBScript from within another VBscript