How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?
Author Message
 How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?

All,

hopefully someone out there can help me out, or put me in the right
direction here.

A policy requires me to dump the eventlog from a range of servers in backup
.evt-files

Now I would like to add to my VBScript a routine which opens that file, and
reads the event-records from it
it does not matter in which order, but the files can become quite big!

So the question :
how can I in vbscript, open that file, and start reading e.g. record by
record
and how do I get the structure of the .evt file?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Olivier.

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:50:12 GMT
 How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?
WMI provides an interface to the event log. I put a lot of VBScript on my MSN community.
http://ca.msnusers.com/KBCafecom/files.msnw?fc_p=%2Fkbcafevbs&fc_a=0
--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com

Feel free to contact me by private email or messenger

Quote:

> All,

> hopefully someone out there can help me out, or put me in the right
> direction here.

> A policy requires me to dump the eventlog from a range of servers in backup
> .evt-files

> Now I would like to add to my vbscript a routine which opens that file, and
> reads the event-records from it
> it does not matter in which order, but the files can become quite big!

> So the question :
> how can I in vbscript, open that file, and start reading e.g. record by
> record
> and how do I get the structure of the .evt file?

> Thanks for your help in advance,

> Olivier.

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:27:39 GMT

1. How to you know if you're using Delphi 2.01 ?

2. clpb Meta-FAQ - Essential reading for New Subscribers

3. How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?

4. Read in NT-Event log (SysEvent.evt)

5. open a binary file for reading/writing

6. Opening / Reading binary files

7. Searching in text..

8. Help need with Horiz & vert limits on a form

9. read from the sysevent.evt files

10. Reading binary files in VBScript

11. Reading binary files in VBScript

12. can vbscript read BINARY files?