Clearing a text box after submitting a from
Author Message
 Clearing a text box after submitting a from

I have web page that consists of 2 frames. In the top fram the user enters a
client number and then either press enter or clicks on the submit button. A
asp script is than called that looks up the html document relating to that
client number and loads the document in the lower frame. I have this working
flawlessly. I want to add one additional feature to this web page though.
When the form is submitted I want the text box to clear itself. I have tired
everything I can think of to get this done. Does anyone know how I can do
this. I have tried the OnSubmit and call a sub routine written in VBScript
but I get a vbscript error every time. Can anyone help me out here.

Stephen

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clearing a text box after submitting a from
One of the ways is to set the input value in function handling OnSubmit
event. But not all browsers will support such an intervention. So if you
want to it works anyway => perform OnSubmit setTimeOut with a function that
will reload the content of the current frame after some seconds as an
argument...

P.S. IE 4.x+ and NetScape 4.x+ allow the on the fly value changing (but for
NetScape it will not work if you try to address the form fields from another
frame).

Quote:
>I have web page that consists of 2 frames. In the top fram the user enters
>client number and then either press enter or clicks on the submit button. A
>asp script is than called that looks up the html document relating to that
>client number and loads the document in the lower frame. I have this
working
>flawlessly. I want to add one additional feature to this web page though.
>When the form is submitted I want the text box to clear itself. I have
tired
>everything I can think of to get this done. Does anyone know how I can do
>this. I have tried the OnSubmit and call a sub routine written in VBScript
>but I get a vbscript error every time. Can anyone help me out here.

>Stephen

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. clear text field after submit

2. clear the history in the text box

3. clear the history in the text box

4. Clearing text from text box

5. Text box text on new page text box

6. Submit Form on Carriage Return in a text box

7. problem with submit and amount of text in input boxes

8. creating a text box errors message for empty text box

9. passing variables from a text box to a document.write text box

10. Clearing DBCombo Text Box

11. Clear all text boxes

12. How to clear a text box?