WSH/VBS Login Script Calls
Author Message
 WSH/VBS Login Script Calls

I've written a login script for our users to replace the
KIX95 stuff we've had previously.

When called from the desktop after login (from Win95) - as
a double click on the file for example - the script works
perfecto.

But when called from Windows NT User Manager as the Login
Script, nothing happens (although the PC says it is
executing the Login Script).
So the user logs on and none of his/her drives are mapped.

What's going on here (should I be using switches of some
sort, or is this not possible??)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Marc

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.*-*-*.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH/VBS Login Script Calls
OK, I've actually solved this problem....

However, it is documented that Win 9x OS run the login
script before the WSH.username property is set, so how do I
access this property in the Login Script.

My WROX book said Loop until it's a non-empty string, but
this doesn't work, as it just stops Win95 in it's tracks
until the Username field is populated (which of course it
never will be....)

Aaargh! This WSH is supposed to help us.

What can I do??

Cheers

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Minimizing the DOS window that calls the VBS login script

2. Newbie question - calling a VBS script from another VBS script

3. How to pass back variables from called vbs from vbs using wsh

4. long script execution (vbs, wsh & wmi)

5. Schedulling using Windows Script Host WSH and vbs

6. Using a WSH Script as a Login Script

7. Executing a WSH script as a login script

8. login.bat -> login.vbs help required

9. Running a .vbs script from within a .vbs script

10. WSH calls VBA or VBA calls WSH

11. Batch file calling wsh script ERROR !!

12. Email from an VBS Login-script