Can I make a recordset available to child frames
Author Message
 Can I make a recordset available to child frames

Hi

I am developing a website reporting on data from an Access database using
ASP.  Is it possible to create a recordset once at a top level (possibly a
frameset page) and have it available to the pages in that frameset?

I am wanting to have header information in the top frame, and the content in
the main body frame.  I was hoping to be able to prevent creating the same
recordset multiple times to improve performance (or would this not really
make any difference?).

Normally I would produce a different recordset for the header information
with only the required content, however this particular project requires the
full data in the recordset to work out the information to be display in the
header.

Also, is it possible for local variables to be referenced from another
frame.

Thanks

Matthew Herbert

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. calling function in child frame from parent frame

2. Data shaping: Testing a child recordset field

3. Making functions available to both client and server side

4. Passing values from Frameset to child frames.

5. generate a dynamic script in child frame

6. Making my programs available to the world and making my fortune (grin)

7. Frames: Why are certain attributes not available ?

8. Passing variables to an ADO Command or RecordSet Object in another frame

9. how to set recordset clone to second child level recordset in shape command

10. WSH that makes a url file Makes BlueDragon.url

11. MDI Child frame size

12. X-Framed ActiveX Control 1.0.0 now available