Problems with cookies and Proxy
Author Message
 Problems with cookies and Proxy

We are using WinGate 4.01 proxy to access the Internet from out local
intranet network.

We are experiencing a problem in our ASP based site. Two different
users, using two different computers, configured to use the same proxy
server, are seeing each other's pages. It goes like this:
User 1 access site and logs in
User 2 sees User 1s data
User 2 logs in
User 1 sees User 2s data

Also sometimes when user logs it seems like his browser does not
accept cookies at all and he is being redirected to login screen
again. This error occurs only from time to time. Sometimes it works
fine, sometimes it does not!

Please note: That our site work perfectly when it is access from
computer that has direct access to internet!

To identify users we are using following ASP code
Response.Buffer = True
Response.Expires = 60
Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1
Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"
Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"
Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"
Response.CacheControl = "private"

Response.Cookies("UserID")= rs("Name")
Response.Cookies("UserID ").Expires = Now()+1

What are we doing wrong? Is our ASP code lousy or we configured server
incorrectly.

Thanks for your help,
Sebastian Bach
NET Developers

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 05:52:03 GMT

1. Problems with cookies and Proxy

2. Database on CD Rom

3. Delphi Desktop 2.0 and the Delphi Developer

4. problem with cookies("cookies").path

5. Delphi/MS-SQL/queries

6. modem programming

7. IIS 5.1 (Win XP) Setting Cookies via Response.Cookies collection problem

8. Cookie problems: Writing to cookie isn't changing anything

9. Proxy or Not Proxy

10. COM+ - application proxy - NT4 - scripting problem

11. Cookies - VB Reading Cookies Created by JavaScript

12. Problems With Cookies In ASP.NET/VB.NET