Database Management using VBScript
Author Message
 Database Management using VBScript

I was wondering if there is a way to have a VBScript run all the time on the
WebServer even when a page is not being accessed.  I need to be able to
clean out some of the tables in my database and that cleanout needs to be
done at a configurable time.  I am not sure if it should be done with
VBScript, but I do know I don't want to have a COM object running all the
time to do the cleanup.

Any help would be appreciated

Kelly

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Database Management using VBScript
Hi,

It is possible to schedule ASP scripts to run at say a certain time every
night. It is also quite easy to do. There is a section on:
http://www.aspfaq.com/ on how to do this.

> I was wondering if there is a way to have a VBScript run all the time on
the
> WebServer even when a page is not being accessed.  I need to be able to
> clean out some of the tables in my database and that cleanout needs to be
> done at a configurable time.  I am not sure if it should be done with
> VBScript, but I do know I don't want to have a COM object running all the
> time to do the cleanup.

> Any help would be appreciated

> Kelly

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Database Management using VBScript
If it is SQL Server you can schedule a task on the database to run a stored
procedure at defined intervals.

--
-Brad

Reliable Windows NT & Win2k Hosting
ORCS Web, Inc - http://www.orcsweb.com/

> I was wondering if there is a way to have a VBScript run all the time on
the
> WebServer even when a page is not being accessed.  I need to be able to
> clean out some of the tables in my database and that cleanout needs to be
> done at a configurable time.  I am not sure if it should be done with
> VBScript, but I do know I don't want to have a COM object running all the
> time to do the cleanup.

> Any help would be appreciated

> Kelly

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database Management via ASP

2. Image management databases

3. database access using vbscript

4. Can you Access an Access database using VBScript

5. using VBscript to access Access database in public folder

6. Creating and editing Access databases using WSH and VBscript

7. problems updating an Access database using VBScript

8. CANNOT Date Format using vbscript on asp page into MYSQL dataBase

9. ASP Database interaction using VBScript

10. Insert multiple records in a database using vbscript

11. Showing database results as a hyperlink using Vbscript

12. How can I link ActiveX control(TreeView) and DataBase Using VBScript