Microsoft Jet error using ADO
Author Message
 Microsoft Jet error using ADO

I'm using ADO to connect to a database and run some queries that will
displayed on a web page. Here is (part of) my code:

Set sobjGRS = Nothing
Set ConAccess = Nothing

Set ConAccess = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conAccess.Open "Provider=microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
        "Data Source=D:\Wwd\Client\KCMO\9325\Project\GISApps\GBAWeb.mdb;" & _
                "Persist Security Info=False"

Set objCmd = Server.Createobject("ADODB.Command")

objCmd.CommandText = sstrSQL 'sstrSQL was defined earlier in the
script

objCmd.ActiveConnection = ConAccess
Set objGRS = objCmd.Execute

When it gets to the last line, it returns a Microsoft Jet error:

***
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

'I:\Client\KCMO\avdata\Covers\Base' is not a valid path. Make sure
that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to
the server on which the file resides.
***

I have no idea where the path 'I:\Client\KCMO\avdata\Covers\Base' is
coming from. I don't think I'm even accessing this directory anywhere
in my code. I know the connection string is correct; I checked it
using Response.Write. Any ideas why I'm getting this error or how I
could check as to where this random directory is coming from?

TIA, Rebecca

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:26:20 GMT
 Microsoft Jet error using ADO
Check that the GBAWeb.mdb database doesn't have an external data source linked
to it.

--
There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do what
they are told, and those who can do nothing else. -Cyrus Curtis

=-=-=
Steve
-=-=-

Quote:
> I'm using ADO to connect to a database and run some queries that will
> displayed on a web page. Here is (part of) my code:

> Set sobjGRS = Nothing
> Set ConAccess = Nothing

> Set ConAccess = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> conAccess.Open "Provider=microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
> "Data Source=D:\Wwd\Client\KCMO\9325\Project\GISApps\GBAWeb.mdb;" & _
> "Persist Security Info=False"

> Set objCmd = Server.Createobject("ADODB.Command")

> objCmd.CommandText = sstrSQL 'sstrSQL was defined earlier in the
> script

> objCmd.ActiveConnection = ConAccess
> Set objGRS = objCmd.Execute

> When it gets to the last line, it returns a Microsoft Jet error:

> ***
> Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

> 'I:\Client\KCMO\avdata\Covers\Base' is not a valid path. Make sure
> that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to
> the server on which the file resides.
> ***

> I have no idea where the path 'I:\Client\KCMO\avdata\Covers\Base' is
> coming from. I don't think I'm even accessing this directory anywhere
> in my code. I know the connection string is correct; I checked it
> using Response.Write. Any ideas why I'm getting this error or how I
> could check as to where this random directory is coming from?

> TIA, Rebecca

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 03:12:51 GMT
 Microsoft Jet error using ADO
This was the problem. Thank you!
-Rebecca

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 22:38:12 GMT

1. Alias list

2. writing image to disk

3. Job Opportunities

4. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Syntax errors

5. Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) error

6. Deploy project using Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

7. Updating child recordsets using the Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51 provider

8. Microsoft Jet and DAO error!!!

9. ERROR LIST FROM MICROSOFT JET ENGINE

10. Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'

11. Error: 3197 Description: The Microsoft jet database engine ...

12. Using ADO to Create Jet 3.51 Tables