Sending a file to a webserver
Author Message
 Sending a file to a webserver

Hi,

I would like to send a file to a web server as if I would use a formula in a
web page for sending a file without any user interaction.

Does someone know how to do that?

Thanks!

Greetings,
Tim

Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:41:14 GMT
 Sending a file to a webserver

Quote:
>I would like to send a file to a web server as if I would use a formula in a
>web page for sending a file without any user interaction.

Nein, und erst recht nicht mit JavaScript. So koennte man ja ganz
einfach und heimlich, die system.ini oder http.access oder oder ...
verschicken. Das hattest Du doch nicht vorgehabt, oder? :-)

--
http://members.nbci.com/slaubner/           - Personal informations
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Bistro/9813/  - Photogallery (JavaScript)

Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:32:48 GMT
 Sending a file to a webserver
Hi

My german is rusty, but basicall that says no - not with JavaScript. It is
fairly easy with PHP, which is a server side language.

Richard

Quote:

> >I would like to send a file to a web server as if I would use a formula
in a
> >web page for sending a file without any user interaction.

> Nein, und erst recht nicht mit JavaScript. So koennte man ja ganz
> einfach und heimlich, die system.ini oder http.access oder oder ...
> verschicken. Das hattest Du doch nicht vorgehabt, oder? :-)

> --
> http://members.nbci.com/slaubner/           - Personal informations
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Bistro/9813/  - Photogallery (JavaScript)
> http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc.php4?mypics=1631        - more Photos

Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:57:27 GMT
 Sending a file to a webserver
See somplette vbs script at http://www.pstruh.cz/tips/detpg_uploadvbsie.htm

--
Antonin Foller
PSTRUH Software

Quote:
> Hi,

> I would like to send a file to a web server as if I would use a formula in
> web page for sending a file without any user interaction.

> Does someone know how to do that?

> Thanks!

> Greetings,
> Tim

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:05:22 GMT
 Sending a file to a webserver

Quote:

>> >I would like to send a file to a web server as if I would use a formula
>> >in a
>> >web page for sending a file without any user interaction.

>> Nein, und erst recht nicht mit JavaScript. So koennte man ja ganz
>> einfach und heimlich, die system.ini oder http.access oder oder ...
>> verschicken. Das hattest Du doch nicht vorgehabt, oder? :-)

>My german is rusty, but basicall that says no - not with JavaScript. It is
>fairly easy with PHP, which is a server side language.

You can't send files to server without permision from user (or using
browserbugs) anyway which programlanguage you choose.

If you don't speak german you shoud try comp.lang.javascript which is
english.

--
http://members.nbci.com/slaubner/           - Personal informations
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Bistro/9813/  - Photogallery (JavaScript)
http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc.php4?mypics=1631        - more Photos

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:34:35 GMT
 Sending a file to a webserver
Hi Steffen

I did read and respond to this in comp.lang.javascript, and yes you need
permission to upload a file. PHP has some very good facilities for FTP but
you obviously need a server with FTP to send to, and you need a user and
password (if anonymous is not available).

Off subject I know, but my last word.

Richard Howes

Quote:

> >> Nein, und erst recht nicht mit JavaScript. So koennte man ja ganz
> >> einfach und heimlich, die system.ini oder http.access oder oder ...
> >> verschicken. Das hattest Du doch nicht vorgehabt, oder? :-)

> >My german is rusty, but basicall that says no - not with JavaScript. It
is
> >fairly easy with PHP, which is a server side language.

> You can't send files to server without permision from user (or using
> browserbugs) anyway which programlanguage you choose.

> If you don't speak german you shoud try comp.lang.javascript which is
> english.

> --
> http://members.nbci.com/slaubner/           - Personal informations
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Bistro/9813/  - Photogallery (JavaScript)
> http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc.php4?mypics=1631        - more Photos

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:38:27 GMT
 Sending a file to a webserver

says...
Quote:
> Hi

> My german is rusty, but basicall that says no - not with JavaScript. It is
> fairly easy with PHP, which is a server side language.

That still requires user interaction.  Please quote properly - at the
end of the post to which you're replying.

Quote:

> > >I would like to send a file to a web server as if I would use a formula
> in a
> > >web page for sending a file without any user interaction.

> > Nein, und erst recht nicht mit JavaScript. So koennte man ja ganz
> > einfach und heimlich, die system.ini oder http.access oder oder ...
> > verschicken. Das hattest Du doch nicht vorgehabt, oder? :-)

--
Hywel      I do not eat quiche
Web Site   http://hyweljenkins.com/

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 05:52:08 GMT
 Sending a file to a webserver

Quote:

> says...
> > Hi

> > My german is rusty, but basicall that says no - not with JavaScript. It
is
> > fairly easy with PHP, which is a server side language.
> That still requires user interaction.  Please quote properly - at the
> end of the post to which you're replying.

My apologies. I am very new at this and I will read up on protocol before
posting again.
Cheers.

Quote:

> > in a

> > > Nein, und erst recht nicht mit JavaScript. So koennte man ja ganz
> > > einfach und heimlich, die system.ini oder http.access oder oder ...
> > > verschicken. Das hattest Du doch nicht vorgehabt, oder? :-)

> --
> Hywel      I do not eat quiche
> Web Site   http://hyweljenkins.com/
> MicroFAQ   http://hyweljenkins.com/support/mfaq.htm

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:21:53 GMT

1. Sending a file to a webserver

2. ReportSmith crosstab style datacontrol for delphi

3. OnChange and OnValidate differences

4. Send a file to a webserver

5. Important

6. Send a word document to the webserver?

7. Best way to send invoice rows to webserver from IE

8. newcomer: accessing data file on the webserver

9. Download files from webserver via vbs

10. Executing an .bat file on my webserver

11. How to create a file on the webserver.?

12. how to url encode a binary file for posting to webserver