Help with unescape() implementation
Author Message
 Help with unescape() implementation

Everyone,

    I have a URL parsing problem that requires unescape be used, but I am
having trouble implementing it in the script.  In it's present state the
Request.Server.Variables("URL") returns a URL that IIS is parsing
incorrectly (it adds a 25 to the URL). Does anyone know how I could
implement the unsecape function here?

Thanks,

Chris

'Need to pass URL to page in QueryString
 Sub CheckURL
  If Len(Request.QueryString("URL")) = O Then
   response.redirect Replace(Request.ServerVariables("URL") & "?url=" &
Server.URLEncode(GetCurrentDirectoryURL), " ", "%20")
  End If
 End Sub

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:28:33 GMT
 Help with unescape() implementation

Unescape () already exists in VBScript. It just isnt documented.

--
Dominic

Read The Docs? http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

Quote:
> Everyone,

>     I have a URL parsing problem that requires unescape be used, but I am
> having trouble implementing it in the script.  In it's present state the
> Request.Server.Variables("URL") returns a URL that IIS is parsing
> incorrectly (it adds a 25 to the URL). Does anyone know how I could
> implement the unsecape function here?

> Thanks,

> Chris

> 'Need to pass URL to page in QueryString
>  Sub CheckURL
>   If Len(Request.QueryString("URL")) = O Then
>    response.redirect Replace(Request.ServerVariables("URL") & "?url=" &
> Server.URLEncode(GetCurrentDirectoryURL), " ", "%20")
>   End If
>  End Sub

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 04:44:04 GMT
 Help with unescape() implementation

Quote:

> Unescape () already exists in VBScript. It just isnt documented.

Added in version 5.1...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:30:14 GMT

1. Help with unescape() implementation

2. Help with unescape() implementation

3. Cross Browser Implementation, Help!

4. unescape (or convert) to hex value Attachments

5. Help with Double (Triple?) Click implementation

6. unescape

7. Help for audio implementation

8. escape(), unescape(), and textarea in IE5.*

9. Escape and Unescape

10. How to unescape a javascript string in ASP?

11. Escape/Unescape

12. vbscript function similar to javascript escape/unescape function?