xmldoc.xml & string = bstr / Problem with encoding
Author Message
 xmldoc.xml & string = bstr / Problem with encoding

Hi everybody,
I have a xml object with correct xml data. XML Data has an DocType
Element and an PI with an encoding set to "iso-8859-1".

Now my business partner needs me to send this xml data in a post field
called xmlmsg. Plain it looks like xmlmsg=<?xml version=1.0"
encoding="iso-8859-1"?>.... etc. pp.

Ok. Ive done this:

dim xmldoc as new msxml2.domdocument40
dim xmlhttp as new msxml2.ServerXMLHttp40
xmlhttp.open "POST", gate, false
xmlhttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
xmlhttp.send("xmlmsg=" & xmldoc.xml)

At this point the send function automatically gets into utf-8 and
ignores the internal PI. Ive read in some MS pages that the point for
this is the internal handling of strings and bstr.

Somebody has solution for my problem? I need something which sends
with the serverxmlhttp.send function an iso-8859-1 encoded string in a
post field.

Thanks in advance
Florian

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:44:32 GMT

1. xmldoc.xml & string = bstr / Problem with encoding

2. Interbase components and cached updates

3. Software protection ???

4. BSTR's, BSTR->string, and maps

5. ODBC driver for 16bit delphi app to use access7 over network?

6. Converting Javascript strings to C++ BSTR* ???

7. xmldoc.save problem

8. Problem passing XMLDOC to COM Method

9. Send me some S3M files, PLEASE!

10. HELP - StreamReader & WebResponse = Encoding Problem

11. XML Newbie question, getting a value from an XML string

12. converting bstr to string