Formatting Phone Numbers
Author Message
 Formatting Phone Numbers

I have IIS4 running on our NT Server and have developed pages using VB
Script running on the server, not the client.  I have a database
connection that works fine and fills in a table on that ASP with the data
from the ACCESS database.  One of the fields that comes in from the ACCESS
database file is a string and contains phone numbers, with exchange codes.
Does anyone know a format command that I can use to format the incoming
string so that it appears as (999)999-9999 on the ASP form?  I have tried a
hundred different combinations with the format command but just can't seem
to get it to work.

Thanks,

Bill

Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formatting Phone Numbers

William,

There is a DHTML scriplet example to do exactly this at
http://www.microsoft.com/gallery/samples/author/scriptlets/mask/defau...

Munjal

Quote:

>I have IIS4 running on our NT Server and have developed pages using VB
>Script running on the server, not the client.  I have a database
>connection that works fine and fills in a table on that ASP with the data
>from the ACCESS database.  One of the fields that comes in from the ACCESS
>database file is a string and contains phone numbers, with exchange codes.
>Does anyone know a format command that I can use to format the incoming
>string so that it appears as (999)999-9999 on the ASP form?  I have tried a
>hundred different combinations with the format command but just can't seem
>to get it to work.

>Thanks,

>Bill

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Format Phone Number

2. format phone numbers

3. Format phone number inside textbox control

4. formatting phone number

5. Format Phone Number

6. Format Phone number read from access database

7. Formatting Phone Number

8. Phone Number Formatting

9. phone number format

10. Phone Number Format

11. microsoft outlook phone number formatting

12. Change Phone Number Format