FileSystemObject.FileCopy Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors
Author Message
 FileSystemObject.FileCopy Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

I am using the FileSystemObject.CreateTextFile method to create a text file on
my local machine.  This works fine.

However, if I try to create a text file on a network server, I get the
following error message:
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status
value, if available. No work was done.

I get the same error when I try to copy the file from my local machine to the
network server with the FileSystemObject.CopyFile method.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?  TIA.

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:03:54 GMT
 FileSystemObject.FileCopy Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors
Try to give read, write & delete permission to the folder on the server.

Regds,
vkja

Quote:
> I am using the FileSystemObject.CreateTextFile method to create a text
file on
> my local machine.  This works fine.

> However, if I try to create a text file on a network server, I get the
> following error message:
> Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status
> value, if available. No work was done.

> I get the same error when I try to copy the file from my local machine to
the
> network server with the FileSystemObject.CopyFile method.

> Can someone shed some light on this for me?  TIA.

Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:16:21 GMT

1. turbo pascal 3.0

2. Tough FACTORIAL math problem...

3. HELP : Sybase SQL Anyware 5.0 / Delphi 1.4 / Windows95 !!!

4. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

5. Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errors

6. Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors

7. Error: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

8. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors....

9. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

10. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.

11. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

12. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.