open a url?
Author Message
 open a url?

Newbie alert!
I'm sure this is standard stuff but any help would be sweet.

At the end of my script, I need to open a url... Is this the right way?

nUserChoise = MsgBox ("GO!", 1)

If nUserChoise = 1 Then

oNewWindow =
window.open(" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,lo
cation=yes")

End If

thx!
--
IrieIam

rm -rf /bin/laden

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 01:34:43 GMT
 open a url?
Looks good, did it work?  You have the name of the new window
as null, this is supposed to be a string.  Did you intend to open a
new window?  The features string you are using has all default
values ("=yes") so you wouldn't need to include it.

Open method:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/ope...

Bill Wallace

Quote:
> Newbie alert!
> I'm sure this is standard stuff but any help would be sweet.

> At the end of my script, I need to open a url... Is this the right way?

> nUserChoise = MsgBox ("GO!", 1)

> If nUserChoise = 1 Then

> oNewWindow =
> window.open("http://mypage.html",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,lo
> cation=yes")

> End If

> thx!
> --
> IrieIam

> rm -rf /bin/laden

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:53:52 GMT
 open a url?
Actually, it did not work. -  Thanks for asking.

The script I have runs an ftp upload and at the end, I need it to open a
remote url.
It can't be hard but the snippet from the above msg isn't working.  Should
it be placed inside of something or is that standalone?

--
IrieIam

rm -rf /bin/laden

Quote:
> Looks good, did it work?  You have the name of the new window
> as null, this is supposed to be a string.  Did you intend to open a
> new window?  The features string you are using has all default
> values ("=yes") so you wouldn't need to include it.

> Open method:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/ope...
Quote:

> Bill Wallace

> > Newbie alert!
> > I'm sure this is standard stuff but any help would be sweet.

> > At the end of my script, I need to open a url... Is this the right way?

> > nUserChoise = MsgBox ("GO!", 1)

> > If nUserChoise = 1 Then

> > oNewWindow =

window.open("http://mypage.html",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,lo

> > cation=yes")

> > End If

> > thx!
> > --
> > IrieIam

> > rm -rf /bin/laden

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:36:24 GMT
 open a url?
Is "my script" hosted in client side IE or is it standalone WSH hosted?

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Actually, it did not work. -  Thanks for asking.

> The script I have runs an ftp upload and at the end, I need it to open a
> remote url.
> It can't be hard but the snippet from the above msg isn't working.  Should
> it be placed inside of something or is that standalone?

> --
> IrieIam

> rm -rf /bin/laden

> > Looks good, did it work?  You have the name of the new window
> > as null, this is supposed to be a string.  Did you intend to open a
> > new window?  The features string you are using has all default
> > values ("=yes") so you wouldn't need to include it.

> > Open method:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/ope...

> > Bill Wallace

> > > Newbie alert!
> > > I'm sure this is standard stuff but any help would be sweet.

> > > At the end of my script, I need to open a url... Is this the right way?

> > > nUserChoise = MsgBox ("GO!", 1)

> > > If nUserChoise = 1 Then

> > > oNewWindow =

> window.open("http://mypage.html",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,lo
> > > cation=yes")

> > > End If

> > > thx!
> > > --
> > > IrieIam

> > > rm -rf /bin/laden

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:45:44 GMT
 open a url?
It's a standalone WSH 5.6

    MsgBox "Images were successfully uploaded!  Now let's add these images
to the Database..."',1
 If nuserChoise = 1 Then
  oNewWindow =
window.open("http://path/to/up.php",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes
,location=yes")
  Quit(1)
 End If

The page to open is php that add the uploaded images to a database.

When this runs, nothing happens at all =  no error message, nothing...odd. I
was expecting a failure of some kind but get nothing.
I've also checked the link you suggested and tried a few variances but to no
avail...What am I missing here?

--
IrieIam

rm -rf /bin/laden

Is "my script" hosted in client side IE or is it standalone WSH hosted?

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US

> Actually, it did not work. -  Thanks for asking.

> The script I have runs an ftp upload and at the end, I need it to open a
> remote url.
> It can't be hard but the snippet from the above msg isn't working.  Should
> it be placed inside of something or is that standalone?

> --
> IrieIam

> rm -rf /bin/laden

> > Looks good, did it work?  You have the name of the new window
> > as null, this is supposed to be a string.  Did you intend to open a
> > new window?  The features string you are using has all default
> > values ("=yes") so you wouldn't need to include it.

> > Open method:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/ope...

> > Bill Wallace

> > > Newbie alert!
> > > I'm sure this is standard stuff but any help would be sweet.

> > > At the end of my script, I need to open a url... Is this the right
way?

> > > nUserChoise = MsgBox ("GO!", 1)

> > > If nUserChoise = 1 Then

> > > oNewWindow =

window.open("http://mypage.html",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,lo

> > > cation=yes")

> > > End If

> > > thx!
> > > --
> > > IrieIam

> > > rm -rf /bin/laden

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:16:02 GMT
 open a url?
Here are 4 ways (close each IE instance before proceeding)...

msgbox "shell.run...",vbsystemmodal

sUrl = "http://www.microsoft.com"

set shell = createobject("wscript.shell")
shell.run sUrl

msgbox "ie.navigate...",vbsystemmodal

set ie = createobject("internetexplorer.application")
ie.navigate sUrl
ie.visible = true

'=== requires Win2000 or higher ===

msgbox "shellapp.shellexecute...",vbsystemmodal

set shellapp = createobject("shell.application")
shellapp.shellexecute sUrl

'=== requires WinME/2000/XP or WMI installed ===

msgbox "process.create...",vbsystemmodal

set process = getobject("winmgmts:").get("win32_process")
iePath = """C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"""
process.create iePath & " " & sUrl

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> It's a standalone WSH 5.6

>     MsgBox "Images were successfully uploaded!  Now let's add these images
> to the Database..."',1
>  If nuserChoise = 1 Then
>   oNewWindow =
> window.open("http://path/to/up.php",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes
> ,location=yes")
>   Quit(1)
>  End If

> The page to open is php that add the uploaded images to a database.

> When this runs, nothing happens at all =  no error message, nothing...odd. I
> was expecting a failure of some kind but get nothing.
> I've also checked the link you suggested and tried a few variances but to no
> avail...What am I missing here?

> --
> IrieIam

> rm -rf /bin/laden

> Is "my script" hosted in client side IE or is it standalone WSH hosted?

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US
> --

> > Actually, it did not work. -  Thanks for asking.

> > The script I have runs an ftp upload and at the end, I need it to open a
> > remote url.
> > It can't be hard but the snippet from the above msg isn't working.  Should
> > it be placed inside of something or is that standalone?

> > --
> > IrieIam

> > rm -rf /bin/laden

> > > Looks good, did it work?  You have the name of the new window
> > > as null, this is supposed to be a string.  Did you intend to open a
> > > new window?  The features string you are using has all default
> > > values ("=yes") so you wouldn't need to include it.

> > > Open method:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/ope...

> > > Bill Wallace

> way?

> window.open("http://mypage.html",null,"status=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,lo

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:46:44 GMT
 open a url?
Wonderful!

It worked! I used the first example.

Thank you very much for your help Michael!

--
IrieIam

rm -rf /bin/laden

> [...]

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US
> --

> > Actually, it did not work. -  Thanks for asking.

> > The script I have runs an ftp upload and at the end, I need it to open a
> > remote url.
> > It can't be hard but the snippet from the above msg isn't working.
Should
> > it be placed inside of something or is that standalone?

> > --
> > IrieIam

> > rm -rf /bin/laden

> > > Looks good, did it work?  You have the name of the new window
> > > as null, this is supposed to be a string.  Did you intend to open a
> > > new window?  The features string you are using has all default
> > > values ("=yes") so you wouldn't need to include it.

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:04:49 GMT

1. Opening an URL in different frame

2. can I use command line to launch internet explorer and open one url each time

3. can I use command line to launch internet explorer and open one url each time

4. can I use command line to launch internet explorer and open one url each time

5. can I use command line to launch internet explorer and open one url each time

6. Poulating a combo box from an array

7. menu

8. please help, wish to buy compiler will run on 286 can't find.

9. http://www.access.ch/mail/showmail?6

10. can I use command line to launch internet explorer and open one url each time

11. How open an url type with MS ACCESS ?

12. can I use command line to launch internet explorer and open one url each time