Delete a folder using VBS
Author Message
 Delete a folder using VBS

Hi. Maybe some one can look at this. I have a web page with a form on it
that has several check boxes and a submit button. Each check box corresponds
to an empty folder. I would like to be able to check the folders I want then
hit the button and have the folder deleted off my system. How would I go
about doing this using VBS. I just need a push in the right direction.
TIA
tom

<head>
<title>F:</title>
</head>

<form method="POST">
    Folder</a> </p>
</form>

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete a folder using VBS
You may be surprised to learn that if VBScript running on a web page were
allowed to delete files and folders on the users local hard drive the world
would be in a bit of chaos don't you think?

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete a folder using VBS
I realize the security issues. It is for my own machine. I can do this using
vbs under wsh.
Quote:

>You may be surprised to learn that if VBScript running on a web page were
>allowed to delete files and folders on the users local hard drive the world
>would be in a bit of chaos don't you think?

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete a folder using VBS
Dan
BTW since that last message I have done it. All I have to do is answer yes
or no to allow ActiveX control on the page. Works fine. There was a little
chaos over here but it's over now. Whew. How are things over there?
Quote:

>You may be surprised to learn that if VBScript running on a web page were
>allowed to delete files and folders on the users local hard drive the world
>would be in a bit of chaos don't you think?

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete a folder using VBS

If you intend to run this page locally from your hard drive, you can tweak the registry to allow creating which aren't marked safe for scripting to avoid the prompt.

See: Description of Internet Explorer Security Zones Registry Entries
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q182/5/69.asp for details.

--
Mike Harris

  Dan
  BTW since that last message I have done it. All I have to do is answer yes
  or no to allow ActiveX control on the page. Works fine. There was a little
  chaos over here but it's over now. Whew. How are things over there?

  >You may be surprised to learn that if VBScript running on a web page were
  >allowed to delete files and folders on the users local hard drive the world
  >would be in a bit of chaos don't you think?

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delete a folder using VBS

2. Delete a folder using VBS

3. Delete folders in HTML using VBS?

4. Permission denied deleting a folder using VBScript

5. How to delete folders/files within a folder but not the folder itself

6. How to delete a Exchange user using VBS

7. How do I delete files using vbs

8. Deleting mails in deleted folder

9. Programmatically delete Deleted Items folder once a day

10. Delete without going to deleted items folder !

11. Smart Delete Files And Smart Delete Folders Routines?

12. Deleting certian Files in Folders and there sub folders