Creating Com Object in Global.asa
Author Message
 Creating Com Object in Global.asa

I have an asp script, which uses external COM object, which I use from
several other asp pages (by including it in those pages).
I have tried to use some of the functions of this asp in global.asa, but got
errors.
Looking in MSDN, I have found out that there isa a limitation on creating
and using COM object in global.asa: only global scope Com objects can be
created and used there.
I do not want to change the asp page so it will use only one global com
object, because I do not want to create a bottleneck on this Com object.
I have worked arround this problem by duplicating the code in global.asa.
Has anyone a better Idea?
Thanks,
Danny Jamshy

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:14:36 GMT
 Creating Com Object in Global.asa
Please check the thread in microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript for answer.
BTW, it's better NOT to cross post.

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:05:08 GMT
 Creating Com Object in Global.asa

Quote:

> Please check the thread in microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript for answer.
> BTW, it's better NOT to cross post.

Hi

Gang, this is a multi-post, not a cross-post (and it is better to cross-post
than multi-post)

--
torgeir

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:50:53 GMT

1. mFAQ

2. Turbo Vision Resource WorkShop available at SimTel

3. Creating Com Object in Global.asa

4. com object in global.asa

5. Problem: Cannot create Dictionary Object in Global.asa

6. pulling a value into com from global.asa

7. global.asa and global.asax ?

8. Accessing printer global object via COM

9. Question: Global.asa

10. global.asa

11. Kill word instance from global.asa

12. Connection in Global.asa