Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?
Author Message
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?

Thanks

--
Mohammad Hamed A.

Electronics and Computer Engineer
Programmer/Analyst/Developer

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:58:15 GMT
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?
Or is there a way to read an environment variable? you know that SystemRoot
returns the path of the installed WinNT ;)

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:20:46 GMT
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?
<%
     set shell = server.CreateObject("WScript.shell")
     response.write ucase(shell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%windir%"))
    set shell = nothing
%>

www.aspfaq.com

Quote:
> Thanks

> --
> Mohammad Hamed A.

> Electronics and Computer Engineer
> Programmer/Analyst/Developer

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:40:24 GMT
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?
set shell = createobject("wscript.shell")
set env = shell.environment("process")
systemroot = env("systemroot")

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Or is there a way to read an environment variable? you know that SystemRoot
> returns the path of the installed WinNT ;)

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 04:30:47 GMT
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?
thanks. It works. But what is the meaning of env(...) I checked the
documentation and found nothing

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:42:16 GMT
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?
Environment Property
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/wsproenvironmen...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> thanks. It works. But what is the meaning of env(...) I checked the
> documentation and found nothing

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:46:13 GMT
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?

Thanks for all of your helps. Thanks for giving your time to solve my
problem. Thanks so much ;-)

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:51:17 GMT
 Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?
Using the <%windir%> should be more convenient.

This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights. Enjoyed ASP.NET? http://www.asp.net

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:46:58 GMT

1. I am trying to extract a program path from desktop icon

2. I am trying to extract a program path from desktop icon

3. I am trying to extract a program path from a desktop icon

4. Getting absolute path of ASP page in VBscript

5. importing pictures in Access table

6. Listbox with items from a table

7. Q: D1, Paradox table sorting with foreign language

8. Is there a way to get the path of WINNT in an asp program?

9. Ways to call a function in a compiled program

10. Win95 vs. WinNT when referencing file paths

11. WINNT, and PATH env. variables

12. Win95 vs. WinNT on file paths