Runtime Error : Object needed
Author Message
 Runtime Error : Object needed

Hi all

As i want to start an asp site on the server of my isp i receive an error
code

it sayd that i line x object needed (VBScript - Error '800a01a8) at every
object like recordsetnavbar or textbox.

Please Help

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Error : Object needed

Quote:

>it sayd that i line x object needed (VBScript - Error '800a01a8) at every
>object like recordsetnavbar or textbox.

Without seeing any actual code, I'd guess that you are not using the "Set"
statement to get object references.
For example:

    Dim obj
    obj = Server.CreateObject("Library.Component")

will fail because "obj" will contain the value of the default property of
the object.

    Dim obj
    Set obj = Server.CreateObject("Library.Component")

on the other hand will work just fine.

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Developer / Webmaster, Vantage Systems Australia.

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. runtime error 800a01a8, Object Required: 'Application(...)'

2. JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

3. Create Object At RunTime (Error) adding news propertys dinamically

4. Microsoft Jscript runtime error object required

5. jscript runtime error: automation server cannot create object

6. Need to add objects at runtime

7. Runtime error 424: Object required

8. Activex Component Can’t Create Object - Runtime Error 429

9. Runtime error '429', ActiveX can't create object

10. Runtime Error 424 Missing Object

11. Runtime Error 364 Object was unloaded

12. runtime error 424 object required