Accessing a form comming from an ASP, in an ASP
Author Message
 Accessing a form comming from an ASP, in an ASP

Hi all!!!

I want to make an ASP page with a form, which should call an other ASP
page, using the POST method. I've tried, but while accessing the second
page, the server send me an error (80004005), caused by
Request.Form.Could you help me ???

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing a form comming from an ASP, in an ASP

My first pager sends the data through a form set up like this:

<form action="Alladdit.asp" method="POST" <form
onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)" name="FrontPage_Form1">
etc....

My ASP for receiving the values is written like this:

<% REM retrieve the user data from the .html form. %>
<% set FirstName = Request.Form("FirstName")%>
<% set LastName = Request.Form("LastName")%>
<% set Department = Request.Form("Department")%>
<% set Title = Request.Form("Title")%>

Quote:

>Hi all!!!

>I want to make an ASP page with a form, which should call an other ASP
>page, using the POST method. I've tried, but while accessing the second
>page, the server send me an error (80004005), caused by
>Request.Form.Could you help me ???

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing a form comming from an ASP, in an ASP

first.asp

<form  action="second.asp" method="post">
<input type="text" name="txtField" value="Me First">
<input type="submit" name="cmdSend" value"Send Me">
</form>

second.asp

<%
    Option Explicit
    dim strField
    strField = Request("txtField")
%>

Here you are: <%=strField%>

I hope this helps

For tips on FP, HTML, ASP and more, visit: http://www.ojmnet.com
Microsoft VBScript and JScript are on-line (Script Docs section)

Best Regards,

Oscar J. Meszar
Your NT Resource Site: http://www.ojmnet.com
Start/Stop NT Services Remotely: http://www.ojmnet.com/startstop

Quote:

>Hi all!!!

>I want to make an ASP page with a form, which should call an other ASP
>page, using the POST method. I've tried, but while accessing the second
>page, the server send me an error (80004005), caused by
>Request.Form.Could you help me ???

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEWBIE - how do I write to an access db from an *.asp form

2. MS Access Form & ASP

3. setting the form action= page1.asp or page2.asp

4. asp response.write in asp.net

5. Survey on ASP/VS6.0 versus ASP.NET/VS.NET

6. Application State in ASP and ASP.NET

7. Visual Basic.NET , ASP or ASP.NET

8. ASP Request Object into ASP.Net

9. ASP - ASP.NET quick question about including files..

10. url encoding ASP vs ASP.net

11. New article on porting ASP pages to ASP .NET available on MSDN

12. VB6/ASP vs .NET/ASP.NET development