ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
Author Message
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

Hope someone can help me on this pretty quick!!  I upgraded to MDAC 2.1 &
all my ASP pages accessing an Access DB now creates the following error...

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine
cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
another user, or you need permission to view its data.

I've checked all the NT permissions on the .mdb (actually set it to everyone
full control).

Specs...
NT 4.0
SP5
IIS 4.0
ADO 2.1

Thanks,
Phil Lavin

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
If I remember correctly, the fix for this is to make sure that when you're
opening a connection, the system DSN should follow a UserName and Password.

e.g.
oConn.Open "SystemDSN", "DBUser", "DBPassword"

Hope this helps.

Quote:

> Hope someone can help me on this pretty quick!!  I upgraded to MDAC 2.1 &
> all my ASP pages accessing an Access DB now creates the following error...

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine
> cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
> another user, or you need permission to view its data.

> I've checked all the NT permissions on the .mdb (actually set it to everyone
> full control).

> Specs...
> NT 4.0
> SP5
> IIS 4.0
> ADO 2.1

> Thanks,
> Phil Lavin

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
thanks arlynn...unfortunately i had already tried that...still haven't found
an answer, either in newsgroups or ms's knowledge base.

Quote:

>If I remember correctly, the fix for this is to make sure that when you're
>opening a connection, the system DSN should follow a UserName and Password.

>e.g.
>oConn.Open "SystemDSN", "DBUser", "DBPassword"

>Hope this helps.

>> Hope someone can help me on this pretty quick!!  I upgraded to MDAC 2.1 &
>> all my ASP pages accessing an Access DB now creates the following
error...

>> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

>> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database
engine
>> cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
>> another user, or you need permission to view its data.

>> I've checked all the NT permissions on the .mdb (actually set it to
everyone
>> full control).

>> Specs...
>> NT 4.0
>> SP5
>> IIS 4.0
>> ADO 2.1

>> Thanks,
>> Phil Lavin

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
I had a problem when I upgraded to MDAC 2.1 SP2 4202.3 and NT SP5 which made
my existing code crash with a "Fatal Error" message from OLE DB.

None of my asp code which made connections to SQL worked. I went back to
MDAC 2.1 SP1 3711.9 and the error ceased. There are several theories on
this: the required installation order and a bug on MDAC SP2.

Why am I pointing to MDAC as a suspect? Because if your code worked fine
before it could only be due to something
related to the SQL drivers or OLEDB drivers.

Which MDAC service pack are you using? Check the version tab on the
properties of the msado15.dll under c:/Program Files/Common
Files/System/ado/msado15.dll.

To uninstall the MDAC dlls use the ClsIdView utility available somewhere on
microsoft.com

Hope this helps.

--

Bernardo Cheing

Development Manager
Banco del Pacfico
Guayaquil, Ecuador

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
Phil, I did the same thing and all I did was to upgrade my Access databases
from Access 97 to Access 2000 format and the code started working again. I
find it hard to believe that the new MDAC stuff isn't downward compatible
with the previous version of Access, but this made the error go away and my
client's e-commerce site to start working again.

-glenn-

Quote:
> Hope someone can help me on this pretty quick!!  I upgraded to MDAC 2.1 &
> all my ASP pages accessing an Access DB now creates the following error...

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database
engine
> cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
> another user, or you need permission to view its data.

> I've checked all the NT permissions on the .mdb (actually set it to
everyone
> full control).

> Specs...
> NT 4.0
> SP5
> IIS 4.0
> ADO 2.1

> Thanks,
> Phil Lavin

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

2. ODBC Drivers error '80004005' SQL: Statement too long.

3. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

4. ODBC Runtime Error:'-2147467259(80004005)'

5. ODBC error 80004005 - What's Up?

6. Provider error '80004005' Unspecified error

7. Stack Overflow : 'error ASP 0107 : 80004005'

8. SQL Server error '80004005'

9. Error '80004005'

10. ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'...

11. HELP Run-time error '-214767259 (80004005)'

12. Run-time error '-214767259 (80004005)' HELP