newcomer: accessing data file on the webserver
Author Message
 newcomer: accessing data file on the webserver

hi,

i am trying to set up a simple database system on the web which enable user
to access information. For example

1. user enter password or name
2. VBScript check the password/name with a user list in the datafile on the
web
 I have tried using CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystem.Object")  and then
using Get.File("c:\datafile.txt") but i don't know where to specify my
server name,i.e. www.km.freeserve.co.uk  if i were to upload the datafile to
the webserver.

3. if the password/name is on the list then other information (also
contained in the datafile) then will be shown

also how to read the data word by word for example datafile contain:-

name1, password1, address1, tel no1
name2, password2, address2, tel no2

any tips or example anywhere....

Thanks in advance.

regards
km  (-:

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:41:13 GMT

1. Accessing files on a webserver.

2. Help - Simply Getting Data from Extrenal Data Files (not from Access Data Base)

3. Connecting to an Access database using VBScript and Personal Webserver

4. Vb newcomer needs help with help files!!

5. posting XML data to a webserver from VB

6. posting XML data to a webserver from VB

7. posting XML data to a webserver from VB

8. Is Possible?: VB.EXE get it's data Database on Webserver

9. Access Database on a Webserver?

10. access to a webserver

11. access to webserver

12. Access DB on webserver