using the serial port (COM) in a VB Script
Author Message
 using the serial port (COM) in a VB Script

Hi,

does anybody know how to open (and read and write) a serial port (COM) with
a VB script (or with VBA)?
I'd like to communicate with my mobile phone (via Irda) by a VB Script (or
in VBA). for that I need to open a com port for reading and writing at the
same time.
Has anybody an idea or experience with that?

Thanks,
Christoph

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:52:40 GMT
 using the serial port (COM) in a VB Script
Never tried that but I remember in QBasic / VB you could open the com
directly (As It's an MS-DOS "Drive" or node as you might call it)

VB / QB Example

Open "COM" + comNo$ + ":" for Random as fileHandle
Use LOF to check for incoming Data
Get or Input works fine to get the data from the buffer
Use Print or Write to send data to the port

Tell me if it works :)

-- Mark
Web: http://www.ayeeh.com
Resume: http://ayeeh.hypermart.net/resume
AIM: Daemonize
ICQ: 102788360

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:13:19 GMT

1. What are "Denormals" and "Nans"

2. Read COM (serial) port using CreateFile?

3. Finding COM Ports - Mouse dies when VB talks to its COM Port

4. COM Port Serial I/O Object?

5. Using Serial Ports in VB (Advanced)

6. Serial port access using VB

7. Need help using serial ports with VB 4.0

8. serial port communication under WIN95 using VB

9. using parallel and serial ports

10. Using LaserWriter Serial Port from PostScript

11. Getting rid of database login prompt

12. Problems with DBMemo and ReportSmith