FileScriptingObject ans security
Author Message
 FileScriptingObject ans security

I have created an instance of the File Scripting object in VBScript.

set fs = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

I run this code and the user receives a message"An ActiveX object on this
page may be unsafe."  I am using IE 4.0 and my security settingsare set to
low.  I found an article in the MSDN stating that becuase the file system
object gives the user access to you local hard dive, it is declared unsafe.
In IE 3.0 it ignore whatever settings the user has specified in their
network options - this is a documented bug with IE 3.0.  However, they
stated this problem was fixed with IE 4.0.   But I an not having any luck.
I do not want the user to get this message everytime my page is run.

Is there a reason why the file scripting object ignores IE's security
settings?

Thanks
Jacqui

Sun, 02 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. XmlHttp ans Security

2. FileScriptingObject

3. FileScriptingObject

4. FileScriptingObject Files

5. FileScriptingObject

6. FileScriptingObject error on W2K

7. FileScriptingObject permissions and HTML form

8. FileScriptingObject Locking up server, freezing page

9. Ghostscript as a graphics engine for Forth (Was: Re: ANS display interface)

10. Problem with physical order of text into PDF ans PS documents

11. GS 5.10 ans pstoppm.ps

12. tp@ans.com.au