How to open my local MS-DOS batch file
Author Message
 How to open my local MS-DOS batch file

Can someone help this newbie figure out how to open an MS-DOS batch file
or .exe file from my desktop .vbs under th ewindows scripting host?

I tried

Dim DoableFile
Set DoableFile = GetObject("C:\MyBatch\batch1.bat")

But that's no go...so what am I missing?

Any help will be muchly appreciated.
Darwin

--

Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to open my local MS-DOS batch file

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to open my local MS-DOS batch file
Wscript.shell works ok but *nothing* can start from HTML without getting
that infernal security message box which is always greyed out where you
normally used to be able to turn it off.  Up to MSIE 4.01 was OK.
But MSIE 5 won't give a clickable box to turn off the security alert no
matter what type of file is used....vbs, .wsh, .bat, or alx...is there any
other type that could be used?

 net2net
: Doablefile = shell("c:\mybatch.bat", 1)

--

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to open my local MS-DOS batch file

2. MAJOR NEWBIE -check file timedatestamp in batch - MS-DOS v VBScript

3. How do I call a ms-dos batch file from VB

4. Detecting end of shelled MS-DOS batch file

5. executing ms-dos batch files

6. Executing MS DOS batch files

7. Help: hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

8. question on hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

9. DOS Batch File to Copy Files from an Access Application

10. Bad Command or File name when Shelling DOS Batch File

11. opening / saving files with MS rich text box control (viewing open files)

12. VBScript to replace DOS Batch that deletes old files