turning netbios over tcpip off
Author Message
 turning netbios over tcpip off

Hello All,

Could someone give me an example using WMI how I could turn off netbios
over tcpip on a NIC? There is a method called SetTcpipNetbios, but I am
not too sure how to use this method.

thanks!

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 turning netbios over tcpip off
If it were going to be anywhere, it'd probably be under
Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration, but I don't see anything
in there about NetBIOS except for changing the SCOPE ID.

I couldn't find any mention to the SetTCPIPNetBios function.

-Chad

Quote:
> Hello All,

> Could someone give me an example using WMI how I could turn off netbios
> over tcpip on a NIC? There is a method called SetTcpipNetbios, but I am
> not too sure how to use this method.

> thanks!

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 turning netbios over tcpip off
Here's the only hit from an MSDN search for SetTcpipNetbios...

Q260937 - Some WMI Properties and Methods Are Not Published in the Directory Service Schema
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/9/37.ASP

You'll have to figure it out from there ;-)...

Recommended reading for *anyone* before posting a question...

MSDN Online Voices - Geek Speak Decoded
Getting Around MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/geek.asp

MSDN Online Search - Help
http://search.microsoft.com/us/dev/help.asp#A1

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello All,

> Could someone give me an example using WMI how I could turn off netbios
> over tcpip on a NIC? There is a method called SetTcpipNetbios, but I am
> not too sure how to use this method.

> thanks!

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 turning netbios over tcpip off
Yes, SetTCPIPNetBIOS is the right method.  A couple of things to be aware
of:

1) I believe it is only actually implemented in Win2k SP1.  The schema is
there in Win2k, but I don't believe it is active until SP1.

2) The schema is a little wrong in that it defines the values to be supplied
to it as BitValues.  They are just values, not bit positions.  So you give
it either 0, 1, or 2 as an integer depending on what mode you want to set.
Same applies for the property that shows the current state.

To turn it off, pass in 2.

Note, the UI for the adapter will only refresh if you completely exit out
and then go back in.  Just closing the window where it shows this setting
isn't good enough.

Quote:
> Here's the only hit from an MSDN search for SetTcpipNetbios...

> Q260937 - Some WMI Properties and Methods Are Not Published in the

Directory Service Schema
Quote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/9/37.ASP

> You'll have to figure it out from there ;-)...

> Recommended reading for *anyone* before posting a question...

> MSDN Online Voices - Geek Speak Decoded
> Getting Around MSDN
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/geek.asp

> MSDN Online Search - Help
> http://search.microsoft.com/us/dev/help.asp#A1

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> > Hello All,

> > Could someone give me an example using WMI how I could turn off netbios
> > over tcpip on a NIC? There is a method called SetTcpipNetbios, but I am
> > not too sure how to use this method.

> > thanks!

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:00:38 GMT

1. turning netbios over tcpip off

2. turning netbios over tcpip off

3. Turn Autocomplete off

4. Turn off auto complete with code

5. Removing ehandler.ps Without Turning Off Power

6. Turning off the power-on page

7. Turning off javascript (testing)

8. turning off printing

9. turning scrollbars off in existing window

10. ps2pdf: turning off bitmap compression

11. Turning off halftone

12. How to turn off toolbar, address bar, etc