Viewing word documents in IE5
Author Message
 Viewing word documents in IE5

I am trying to view a Word document through IE by using using an <object>
tag in my stylesheet.  The problem is that IE cannot find an object handler
(although it recognises that the content type is application/msword)and the
microsoft site does not have an activex control to view the file.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ryan.

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:44:39 GMT
 Viewing word documents in IE5
you don't need any special objects.  i made a web based version of windows
explorer that targets different folders and files as hrefs and i.e. 5 can
open them just like that to a targeted frame or page.

--
Brian Chisolm

> I am trying to view a Word document through IE by using using an <object>
> tag in my stylesheet.  The problem is that IE cannot find an object
handler
> (although it recognises that the content type is application/msword)and
the
> microsoft site does not have an activex control to view the file.

> Does anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks

> Ryan.

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 04:58:54 GMT

1. Free DAO Components?

2. Including a header in a file

3. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document

4. Launch Word document in view modus?

5. View only component for word document

6. Viewing a Word document in a VB application

7. Viewing Word- and other documents with VB3

8. Q: Viewing Word Documents

9. View Word for windows document

10. MS Word document viewing

11. View Word Document Inline

12. OCX control for viewing MS Word document