VBScript, ADO, ASP: Yet Another Stupid Newbie Question
Author Message
 VBScript, ADO, ASP: Yet Another Stupid Newbie Question

Quote:

> Unix C/C++ programmer, getting his {*filter*}kicked trying to build a simple
> web application using .asp and VBScript that will interact with an
> Access database on the server and will search/update Active Directory.

> Not using .NET.

> I'm looking for references and or discussion and or code snips that are
> focused as directly as possible on what's kicking my butt.  I'm drowning
> in docs, and am working through them, but most of the current stuff
> seems focused on .NET and I guess I'm back one generation in technology.

> I promise I will never laugh about scripting languages again.

well, there where a huge number of books on this subject however now
with the advent of .NET the current ASP gets a bit snowed under. Try to
look for rather older books like ASP 3.0 .. or ADO 2.x which gives you a
wealth of info on how to connect to databases through ADO.

Cheers,
Richard

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:57:44 GMT

1. SQL Statement month grouping

2. DBase files on a readonly drive?

3. VBScript, ADO, ASP: Yet Another Stupid Newbie Question

4. Yet another newbie question

5. Registry question - Yet another Newbie !

6. How to Animate

7. Timer

8. Today's Date in SQL

9. Stupid newbie question that's driving me nuts

10. stupid newbie question about Else

11. Stupid Newbie Question?

12. stupid newbie question