Querying a clients PC System Info
Author Message
 Querying a clients PC System Info

Hi,
I've been asked to write a page which will be used when our techs deploy a
PC. The idea is that when the PC is deployed, the tech loads up the browser
on the client(Deployed PC) and submit all the system info (such as amount of
memory and computer name) to a database for asset management purposes.
Sounds easy but they want a lot of the system information defaulted in, so I
need to automatically query the clients PC when the page is loaded.
So far I am thinking about writing an Active X control (unsigned) but is
this the best way or is their a better way of doing this. Any information on
this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Niall

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Gathering info from clients' PCs

2. Info on Client-Server Systems Needed

3. Accessing network PC hard disk info...

4. old PC Basic bsave/bload info needed

5. VB code for PC info collection via network

6. Hide Autotext info provided by Pocket PC

7. Newbie : Pocket PC/Handheld PC/Palm PC

8. Terra Systems PC Postscript?

9. Javascript querying system for the date

10. Setting system time on Pocket PC

11. Query DMI for those pcs that do not have WMI

12. Query exchange GAL for user info