Why won't this work?
Author Message
 Why won't this work?

The simple example below works fine in IE 4, but in IE 3 I get an "Invalid
Procedure Call."  Could anyone explain why this won't work in IE 3 and what
I need to do to make it work.  I simply want to "uncheck" two radio buttons
(if they happen to be checked) when the first radio button (named "left") is
clicked.  Here's the code:

<script language="VBScript">
sub clearRadioButtons
    testForm.right(0).checked = false
    testForm.right(1).checked = false
end sub
</script>

<form action="test.asp" method="POST" name="testForm">
<input type="Radio" name="left" value="None" onClick="clearRadioButtons">
<P>
<input type="Radio" name="right" value="1">
<input type="Radio" name="right" value="2">

Thanks,

Dan Wahlin

Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Why won't this work?

Quote:

>The simple example below works fine in IE 4, but in IE 3 I get an "Invalid
>Procedure Call."  Could anyone explain why this won't work in IE 3 and what
>I need to do to make it work.  I simply want to "uncheck" two radio buttons
>(if they happen to be checked) when the first radio button (named "left")
is
>clicked.  Here's the code:

><script language="vbScript">
>sub clearRadioButtons
>    testForm.right(0).checked = false
>    testForm.right(1).checked = false
>end sub
></script>

Have you tried

    document.testForm.right(0).checked = false

or, since IE3 doesn't always recognize collection notations,

    document.testForm.right[0].checked = false

- Thogek

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why won't this work with NS6?

2. Why won't this work?