Odd syntax problem
Author Message
 Odd syntax problem

I have a relatively simple VBScript on an ASP.  It gets a syntax error that
has me confused.

**** Begin Error Messages ****

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0414'

Cannot use parentheses when calling a Sub

/TeamList.asp, line 128

ListTeams(DivisionID, rsLeague.Fields("LeagueID").Value)
--------------------------------------------------------^

**** End Error Messages ****

Even a simplified function call fails.  For example:

ListTeams(0, -1)

If I set the function to only take one parameter, everything works OK.  But
I need to pass two paramters!  I've read the documentation and there doesn't
seem to be a limitation on the number of parameters.

Furthermore, I'm calling a function, not a sub.

Any clues?

TIA,

TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:29:18 GMT
 Odd syntax problem

ListTeams 0, -1

or

Call ListTeams(0, -1)

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I have a relatively simple VBScript on an ASP.  It gets a syntax error that
> has me confused.

> **** Begin Error Messages ****

> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0414'

> Cannot use parentheses when calling a Sub

> /TeamList.asp, line 128

> ListTeams(DivisionID, rsLeague.Fields("LeagueID").Value)
> --------------------------------------------------------^

> **** End Error Messages ****

> Even a simplified function call fails.  For example:

> ListTeams(0, -1)

> If I set the function to only take one parameter, everything works OK.  But
> I need to pass two paramters!  I've read the documentation and there doesn't
> seem to be a limitation on the number of parameters.

> Furthermore, I'm calling a function, not a sub.

> Any clues?

> TIA,

> TFM3

> Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:01:32 GMT

1. Odd syntax

2. odder and odder

3. ghostscript problems: odd page size

4. Odd problem with ps2pdf

5. Odd Problem when posting a form!

6. Problem with odd event sequence in IE for the Mac

7. A very odd caching problem with IE3.02

8. Odd/even pages problem...

9. Odd Problem with FindFirst method ... Me too

10. Odd problem with FindFirst method.

11. Help with Odd Problem Please

12. Odd problem with powerpoint vba