Word automation printing
Author Message
 Word automation printing

We are using ASP pages to activate MS Word as a print server.  I include a
code snippet below.  When I run the code on a computer running NT Server 4.0
with Service pack 5, Word 97 or Word 2000, I can insert a file and save the
active document.  Word is not visible even with the .visible property set to
true.  And I cannot print.  "Printer not installed" is the error message in
my browser.  Taskmanager shows that Word is running but I cannot make it
display.  Running the code on a box with NT workstation 4.0 with service
pack 4, Word 97 and IE 4.01, no problems.  On my computer at the house,
Windows 98, Word 2000, PWS and IE5, no problems.  Word is visible.  On an
Aptiva running Word 97, NT workstation 4.0, no service pack, Word is not
visible.  And of course, the print server is the one it won't run on.  Is
there a configuration setting for NT Server that I have missed?  If you can
give me any guidance, please do.  Thanx for your time.

code
<%
 set ourword = CreateObject("Word.Application")
 ourword.visible = true
%>

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help -- Background Print Word file using automation fails

2. Word printing function automation

3. Word Automation Failure when other word documents are open

4. OLE Automation Error Experienced with Word 7.0 not with Word 6.0

5. OLE Automation Error Experienced with Word 7.0 not with Word 6.0

6. OLE Automation Error experienced with Word 7.0 not with Word 6.0

7. Automation Object -- new activexobject for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access

8. Boolean parameters for Word Automation

9. Required Files for Word Automation

10. Help determing when Word Printout method has finished via Automation Server within vbscript

11. Spell Checking w/o MS Word Automation

12. Word automation in VBScript from IE