How do I search for a file in the client's mac and execute it?
Author Message
 How do I search for a file in the client's mac and execute it?

I am creating a web site, where I need to execute the Notepad application
in the client's computer when he clicks on a button.

When I give a link to the Notepad.exe file on the Server, the browser
displays a dialog box asking the user whether he needs to download that
program or execute it from its current location when the user clicks on
the link.

So for this purpose, can I find the location of the Notepad.exe file in
the client mac's hard disk and execute it on his machine????

Thanks

Mani S.

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:30:21 GMT

1. How do I search for a file in the client's mac and execute it?

2. Can't execute WScritp in client side pc

3. Doing DCC (direct client to client) tranfers with a VB program

5. ASP files cant be executed by browser clients

6. doing a boolean search on a database

7. VB to MAC can it be done [Q]

8. Refresh/Requery don't seem to work while doing file I/O

9. reading binary files, can't be done

10. Determining when a file's done with Winsock

11. I can't execute .vbs files with AT command under NT4.0

12. I can't execute a .ws file