ADODB.Connection error 800a01ad
Author Message
 ADODB.Connection error 800a01ad

I am developing a web site using MS Visual Studio (v1.0 for now, I'll
be upgrading to 6.0 + SP1 soon).  Some webpages are active server
pages accessing a database, starting with a check on the authorization
of the person trying to logon to the site.  For this mechanism, I
follow the example from a book on Visual Dev, which is a very similar
to an example in the interactive Visual Dev Tutorial. Both examples
suffer from the same problem, described below. Also, I've tried it
both with a SQL Server (6.5) database, as well as an Oracle (8)
database. Again, same problem in both situations.

When trying to access database information via a Connection object,
the following error is issued:

ADODB.Connection error '800a01ad'
ActiveX component can't create object

This error occurs for instance already when I want to use a
dataform.asp as generated by the Data Form Wizard.  I've done this
successfully elsewhere and on other PCs but fail to get it working
this time.

I've already searched the online documentation and the MS support site
for any information re. this error.  Would appreciate if anyone can
help me any further on this. Thanks.

/*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dirkjan Luykx - division Energy & Utilities - Logica BV - The Netherlands
#include <disclaimer.h>  /* Opinions expressed are mine, not Logica's */

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADODB.Connection error 800a01ad
I have recently encountered the same error message after I upgraded from ADO
1.5 to 2.0.

Through testing various scenarios I concluded that it had something to do
with NT permissions, specifically, in my case, with the annonymous user id
for a web server (IUSER_machinename).  I couldn't pinpoint exactly what
file/directory the annonymous user id didn't have access to so I granted the
IUSR_machinename user id full control to every file and directory on my web
server and this solved the problem.

Granted, this is not the best solution but now I at least have my
application running and can concentrate more on tightening the permissions
again on my NT Server.

I don't know if this will fix your problem, but it may be worth a shot.

Good luck, and if you get a chance write back and let me know how it goes,
I'd be interested to see if this works for you.

Quote:

>I am developing a web site using MS Visual Studio (v1.0 for now, I'll
>be upgrading to 6.0 + SP1 soon).  Some webpages are active server
>pages accessing a database, starting with a check on the authorization
>of the person trying to logon to the site.  For this mechanism, I
>follow the example from a book on Visual Dev, which is a very similar
>to an example in the interactive Visual Dev Tutorial. Both examples
>suffer from the same problem, described below. Also, I've tried it
>both with a SQL Server (6.5) database, as well as an Oracle (8)
>database. Again, same problem in both situations.

>When trying to access database information via a Connection object,
>the following error is issued:

>ADODB.Connection error '800a01ad'
>ActiveX component can't create object

>This error occurs for instance already when I want to use a
>dataform.asp as generated by the Data Form Wizard.  I've done this
>successfully elsewhere and on other PCs but fail to get it working
>this time.

>I've already searched the online documentation and the MS support site
>for any information re. this error.  Would appreciate if anyone can
>help me any further on this. Thanks.

>/*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

>Dirkjan Luykx - division Energy & Utilities - Logica BV - The Netherlands
>#include <disclaimer.h>  /* Opinions expressed are mine, not Logica's */

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Help - Error ADODB.Connection Error

2. Error from CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

3. JScript ADODB connection error

4. ADODB Connection Error

5. Marshalled ADODB.Connection object causes error

6. ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset question

7. ADODB.Connection.Execute VS ADODB.Recordset.Update

8. ADODB.connection & ADODB.Recordset

9. ADODB Connection Error

10. ADODB.Connection Error

11. ADODB.Command Connection Error in MTS object

12. ADODB.Connection.Errors.Clear does not work...