Plugin Detection(Flash)->Redirection..what's wrong ?
Author Message
 Plugin Detection(Flash)->Redirection..what's wrong ?

Hello people,
I have this script that should detect if shockwave flash plugin is installed
on a client's browser, and redirect him
to the site suitable for him .
However it's not working, i tested it on 2 machines one with flash one
without it with the result the same, i've been redirected to the same site
in both cases.
Please take a look and tell me what'S wrong .

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Probing for Flash-Plugin...</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY TOPMARGIN=0 LEFTMARGIN=0 BGCOLOR=#ffffff>

<h2 align=center>Flash Status :
<hr width="100%" ></h2>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
var useFlash = navigator.mimeTypes &&
navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"] &&
 navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"].enabledPlugin;
//-->
</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!--
On error resume next
useFlash = NOT IsNull(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash"))
-->
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
if ( useFlash ) {
 window.location = 'flashed_site.html';

Quote:
} else {

 window.location = 'unflashed_site.html';
Quote:
}

//-->
</SCRIPT>
</b>.
</BODY>
</HTML>

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Plugin Detection(Flash)->Redirection

2. Plugin Detection(Flash)->Redirection

3. flash plugin detection

4. Remote Host Detection & Redirection

5. How to detect Flash plugin ?

6. Detect Flash 3 or lower plugin in IE

7. Detect Flash plugin in IE

8. how to detect the precise flash-plugin version

9. jscript and netscape plugin detection

10. QuickTime plugin object detection

11. Plugin/MIME type Detection in IE

12. Plugin Detection