Calling two functions on one single event
Author Message
 Calling two functions on one single event

Hi there,
    How do you call two functions at the same time in VBScript? The same can
be done very easily in Jscript.
<input type=buton onclick="fnOne();fnTwo()"> will work in JScript without
any problems and cause two functions to get fired. However how do I
incorporate this in VBScript?

Thanks
~College Guy~

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling two functions on one single event
College Guy,

When is a colon better than a semi-colon?

Regards,
Armand, FTSB

Quote:
> Hi there,
>     How do you call two functions at the same time in VBScript? The same
can
> be done very easily in Jscript.
> <input type=buton onclick="fnOne();fnTwo()"> will work in JScript without
> any problems and cause two functions to get fired. However how do I
> incorporate this in VBScript?

> Thanks
> ~College Guy~

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling two functions on one single event
College Guy (or anyone else),

Although multiple functions can be called, it seems as those there are times
when unexpected things happen.  In the attached case, 'f1.htm' and 'f2.htm'
are loaded into their respective frames, upper and lower, when
'AnchorOverride.htm' is loaded.  When the link on 'f1.htm' is clicked, three
things happen:

1.  'f1.htm' is loaded into the second frame by a function
2.  An alert box is displayed by a function
3.  'f2'ftm' is loaded back into the second frame by script

Unfortunately, using script in step 3 results in the top frame displaying
the text 'f2.htm' instead of retaining its document!

How come dat happen?

Regards,
Armand, FTSB

Quote:
> Hi there,
>     How do you call two functions at the same time in VBScript? The same
can
> be done very easily in Jscript.
> <input type=buton onclick="fnOne();fnTwo()"> will work in JScript without
> any problems and cause two functions to get fired. However how do I
> incorporate this in VBScript?

> Thanks
> ~College Guy~

begin 666 f2.htm

`
end

begin 666 f1.htm

M87)E;G0N9G)A;65S*")F,B(I+F1O8W5M96YT+FQO8V%T:6]N+FAR968](F8Q

M"CQA(&AR968])VIA=F%S8W)I<'0Z8VAA;F=E1C(H*3MS87E$;VYE*"D[<&%R

`
end

begin 666 AnchorOverride.htm

`
end

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling two functions on one single event
You aren't calling 2 functions at the same time, just one after the other...

<input type=button onclick="vbscript:fnOne():fnTwo()">

In JScript, the ; is the statement delimiter.
In VBscript, the : is the statement delimiter.

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Hi there,
    How do you call two functions at the same time in VBScript? The same can
be done very easily in Jscript.
<input type=buton onclick="fnOne();fnTwo()"> will work in JScript without
any problems and cause two functions to get fired. However how do I
incorporate this in VBScript?

Thanks
~College Guy~

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling two functions on one single event
Dear Everybody,
Thanks for your help. I would not have thought this possible.

~College Guy~

Quote:
> You aren't calling 2 functions at the same time, just one after the
other...

> <input type=button onclick="vbscript:fnOne():fnTwo()">

> In JScript, the ; is the statement delimiter.
> In VBscript, the : is the statement delimiter.

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

Quote:
> Hi there,
>     How do you call two functions at the same time in VBScript? The same
can
> be done very easily in Jscript.
> <input type=buton onclick="fnOne();fnTwo()"> will work in JScript without
> any problems and cause two functions to get fired. However how do I
> incorporate this in VBScript?

> Thanks
> ~College Guy~

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Merge Two Single Page PS documents into one Single Page PS Document

2. One of two functions doesn't function on Windows 95 (i does on Windows NT)

3. Merge two wave file in one single wave file

4. Calling a function more than once from a single click

5. Two actions with one events

6. OnClick event only fires on one of two radio buttons

7. One procedure for two events

8. KeyPress Event -- Substitute two characters for one?

9. Argggh - two vb dlls one calls the other in IIS

10. Can I call two functions simultaneously?

11. Function call between two forms

12. calling a function in one frame from another