How to identify a record
Author Message
 How to identify a record

Goal:
Listing the content of a table in an ASP. When the user clicks on one record
another page opens to show the up-to-date data in this record if it is still
available.
The structure of the table will differ. The table can have no primary key.
The data in the table can change by other ASP's.

Problem:
How can I show the correct record when the user clicks on it. The primary
keys are unknown and if they exist the content of them could change. So I
need a constant, unchangable, identifier to the record. How do I solve this
problem in VBScript (with ADO).

Thanks for any help or hints!

Ron

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 16:11:22 GMT

1. How to identify a record

2. Uniquely Identifying a Record Across Tables

3. identify a new record in a subform

4. Identify locked records.

5. RFP: Alogorithm for Uniquely Identifying Records

6. Help to find a record identified by Date+Time

7. How to identify key in a record set

8. ASP - Saving html table records or ADO records to Excel or Work

9. Record Count in a Record Set

10. Identifying text and images within a .ps file

11. Identifying Colour and Grey in PostScript files

12. identify and remove unused definitions