Help with INSERT query needed...
Author Message
 Help with INSERT query needed...

I try to execute this query in an Access database using ASP:

INSERT INTO Majors (SchoolID, FullName, ShortName) VALUES (2, 'Computer
Science', '198')

The Majors table has four fields... the three above, and an Autonumber typed
primary key.  When I try to run this query, I get an error: "Operation must
use an updateable query."  What am I doing wrong?

- Greg Hurlman

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with INSERT query needed...
Make sure that your database has write permissions and is located in a
directory that has the same for the IUSR_Web group.

--
Kit Smith

ASP, VB, IIS, Javascript, HTML, RDB, ECommerce, Flash3, VBScript

Quote:
> I try to execute this query in an Access database using ASP:

> INSERT INTO Majors (SchoolID, FullName, ShortName) VALUES (2, 'Computer
> Science', '198')

> The Majors table has four fields... the three above, and an Autonumber
typed
> primary key.  When I try to run this query, I get an error: "Operation
must
> use an updateable query."  What am I doing wrong?

> - Greg Hurlman

Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialog box displayed during query insert or query update

2. Help! Insert query across two different databases

3. Insert query error....Please help

4. How to run insert query..HELP

5. Insert query error....Please help

6. newbie needs graphic inserting help

7. Inserting object values in an array (need help please)

8. Need help in inserting EPS file in Showcase 2.0

9. Needed help on inserting space

10. Need help with some ASP SQL query...

11. Need help with printing results from an SQL query in ASP VBScript

12. Need help querying User Cannot Change Password Flag