Updating listbox on local DB???
Author Message
 Updating listbox on local DB???

Hi,

I am developing a client application (so no server involved here! -
HTML/VBScript front-end to Access 2002 DB) and have a DAP containing a
listbox of clients. There is a button which, when pressed, shows a
modal DAP allowing entry of new client information. When this modal
DAP closes I want the listbox to display the new client, so the sub
for displaying the new client window is:

<SCRIPT language=vbscript event=onclick for=btnAddNew>
<!--

Dim wdNew
Dim rs

wdNew = window.showModalDialog ("client-new.htm", , "DialogWidth:
825px; DialogHeight: 300px; help: no; status: no; resizable: no")

MSODSC.RecordsetDefs("Query_Client").serverfilter=""

-->
</SCRIPT>

(where Query_Client) is the underlying query which populates the
listbox.

After initially loading the DAP I create a new client, but the details
do not appear in the list box. If I create another new client (without
reloading the page) both new clients then appear in the list box -
every subsequent new client appears correctly ..... only the first
time fails to display correctly!!!!!!

Please help .... I cannot understand what is different about the first
instance of creating a new client (in that clients are only likely to
be created one at a time this is a fundamental problem!)

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:46:53 GMT
 Updating listbox on local DB???
OK ... sort of solved it. Found out that this is a timing issue ... by
waiting a few seconds before resetting the filter it works fine - so
I've put a delay in the code of 3 seconds.

This is not ideal but it appears to work ... any thoughts about what I
can do to make the refresh occur immediately would be appreciated!

Paul

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am developing a client application (so no server involved here! -
> HTML/VBScript front-end to Access 2002 DB) and have a DAP containing a
> listbox of clients. There is a button which, when pressed, shows a
> modal DAP allowing entry of new client information. When this modal
> DAP closes I want the listbox to display the new client, so the sub
> for displaying the new client window is:

> <SCRIPT language=vbscript event=onclick for=btnAddNew>
> <!--

> Dim wdNew
> Dim rs

> wdNew = window.showModalDialog ("client-new.htm", , "DialogWidth:
> 825px; DialogHeight: 300px; help: no; status: no; resizable: no")

> MSODSC.RecordsetDefs("Query_Client").serverfilter=""

> -->
> </SCRIPT>

> (where Query_Client) is the underlying query which populates the
> listbox.

> After initially loading the DAP I create a new client, but the details
> do not appear in the list box. If I create another new client (without
> reloading the page) both new clients then appear in the list box -
> every subsequent new client appears correctly ..... only the first
> time fails to display correctly!!!!!!

> Please help .... I cannot understand what is different about the first
> instance of creating a new client (in that clients are only likely to
> be created one at a time this is a fundamental problem!)

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:02:59 GMT

1. Sharing BDE Session Between Delphi And Paradox

2. Update my local db via Internet

3. porting Local DB app to internet DB app?

4. Updating local DB from Web server based DB, How? Urgent!

5. Pascal mailing list?

6. REQ: Int 2Fh Handler

7. How to scroll text?

8. Looking for an ActiveX Control to access a local Access db

9. local db access

10. Connect to local DB though ASP?

11. Update Listbox on client side

12. ADO with local DB