IE4 Right click menus
Author Message
 IE4 Right click menus
I have created a series of HTML pages that contain GIFs as buttons to fire
off methods of ActiveX controls on the pages. The methods are invoked by a
VBScript. This all works fine apart from when I use the right mouse button.
The script correctly picks up the right click and acts on it, but I also get
the IE4 default right click menu. Adding a line ' window.event.cancelbubble
= true' to both the 0nmousedown and onmouseup events does not solve it.

Also, can anyone tell me what the script is to force IE4 into full screen
mode when the script runs?

Many thanks

Simon

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IE4 Right click menus

Thanks for what you sent.

This works to provide an alternative menu, but what I want to do is turn the menu off entirely. It is actually a hot-spot on a graphic that runs a script. The script runs and correctly determines if it was invoked by a left or right click, but I don't want any menu from IE4 only the output from my ActiveX.

    Examine the 2 files attached(rclickpop.htm up is the starting file). As for
    resizing, it is not possible without starting another instance of the
    browser. exp.: window.open

    >I have created a series of HTML pages that contain GIFs as buttons to fire
    >off methods of ActiveX controls on the pages. The methods are invoked by a
    >VBScript. This all works fine apart from when I use the right mouse button.
    >The script correctly picks up the right click and acts on it, but I also
    get
    >the IE4 default right click menu. Adding a line ' window.event.cancelbubble
    >= true' to both the 0nmousedown and onmouseup events does not solve it.
    >
    >Also, can anyone tell me what the script is to force IE4 into full screen
    >mode when the script runs?
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Simon

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Howto add a menu to right-click menu for an item

2. Right Click PopUp Menu and dynamic menu Item

3. Right Click PopUp Menu and dynamic menu Item

4. Right click menu (context menu?)

5. Disable Right Click--> IE4

6. Overriding Right Click in IE4 Ctrl

7. Right Click problem in IE4 with ActiveX Control

8. Right Click - Add to default menu

9. Right Click - Add to default menu

10. wondering about right click menu in windows..

11. Custom pop-up menu on right-clicked event

12. Right-click context menu