ie5 problem with %26 only okay on address line
Author Message
 ie5 problem with %26 only okay on address line

Andrew,

JScript Escape method:

<snip src="MSDN">

Description
Encodes String objects so they can be read on all computers.
Syntax
escape(charstring)
The charstring argument is a String object to be encoded.

Remarks
The escape method returns a new String object (in Unicode format) that
contains the contents of charstring. All spaces, punctuation, accented
characters, and any other non-ASCII characters are replaced with %xx
encoding, where xx is equivalent to the hexadecimal number representing the
character. For example, a space is returned as "%20."
Characters with a value greater than 255 are stored using the %uxxxx format.

</snip>

--
Nic Roche
Net Extra

Quote:
> Can you help me? I am stuck.

> When I type the following into the ie5 browser's address field:

> cKeywords(SIDne)
> I get the disired single matching job. However, I can not figure out how
> to replace the "%26" with something (eg., a "&") and still get the same
> result.

> I need to replace the %26 because the DLL that I am using to
> crawl/spider a website, can't handle the %26 for some reason.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> -Andrew

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ie5 with VB5: Controlling/Accessing the Address line control

2. Checking if an e-mail address is okay

3. Okay Script Wizards, How do I get a MAC address

4. TTF to PS conversion v 1.2 C Source (updated 26/6/94)

5. Missing daily summary emails for this NG from WSH FAQ 26-28 Jan

6. Date function with month 26

7. Ann: Nebula control library 1.26.1000.0

8. Error 26 --- What does this mean ???

9. bincancel:26 binaries:AR196:@@NCM

10. Help:Reading the CHR$(26) Char From a File

11. Welcome Newbies 26 September

12. ANN: Reminder: Compact Framework Chat 2/26