ADSI NTFS ACE rights problem
Author Message
 ADSI NTFS ACE rights problem

Hi Group

I'm developing an ASp app. to create users and their enviroment.
Everything great until I try to create their homefolders or rather set the
ntfs rights.
I goes fine for one or to users then they fail.

I can make an Do .error control. loop until the error goes away, but the
script takes for ever.
While the script loops I can go directly on the file server and assign the
user rights.
So the server knows where to find my new user, but not my script.
Short senario is- All Windows 2000, 3 DC's, 2 Web servers IIS, 1 fileserver.
All my code runs on one of the webservers.

Any ideas out there?
ANY help is greatly apresiated.

Allso I have written a littel script ASP to list alle Exchange servers and
alle their storage groups.
It should be totaly native. Any one who wants to try it out- I'll be happy
to send the code to you, provided some feed back.

Best regards

Jesper Harder / Denmark

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:08:35 GMT
 ADSI NTFS ACE rights problem
:-)

Other posters: This discussion is going on over in microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript...

Quote:

> Hi Group

> I'm developing an ASp app. to create users and their enviroment.
> Everything great until I try to create their homefolders or rather set the
> ntfs rights.
> I goes fine for one or to users then they fail.

> I can make an Do .error control. loop until the error goes away, but the
> script takes for ever.
> While the script loops I can go directly on the file server and assign the
> user rights.
> So the server knows where to find my new user, but not my script.
> Short senario is- All Windows 2000, 3 DC's, 2 Web servers IIS, 1 fileserver.
> All my code runs on one of the webservers.

> Any ideas out there?
> ANY help is greatly apresiated.

> Allso I have written a littel script ASP to list alle Exchange servers and
> alle their storage groups.
> It should be totaly native. Any one who wants to try it out- I'll be happy
> to send the code to you, provided some feed back.

> Best regards

> Jesper Harder / Denmark

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:36:32 GMT

1. Counting Detail records with SQL or Recordcount

2. Am I out from the mailing list ??

3. ADSI ACE NEW USER NTFS problem

4. NTFS ADSI folder rights

5. How to use a BC DLL in Delphi?

6. Help with RSmith FieldText

7. ADSI ACE Adssecurity problem

8. Automating NTFS ACE changes

9. How can I get the directory path from an alias?

10. Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights

11. MS SQL Server and Memo fields

12. Applying specific ACEs using ADSI