passing string with & character with GET method
Author Message
 passing string with & character with GET method

I'm trying to pass a string as GET parameter value, but the problem is that
the browser thinks that the & (ampersand) character is the end of the value,
so it truncates the string. I've tried the Server.URLEncode and
Server.HTMLEncode methods, but none of them solves the problem because they
substitute spaces and others, but they don't do nothing with the ampersand
char.
Any idea/suggestion?.

    Thanks a lot.

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 passing string with & character with GET method

You could always use your own escape like ++ for &.

--
Dominic

Read The Docs? http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

Quote:
> I'm trying to pass a string as GET parameter value, but the problem is
that
> the browser thinks that the & (ampersand) character is the end of the
value,
> so it truncates the string. I've tried the Server.URLEncode and
> Server.HTMLEncode methods, but none of them solves the problem because
they
> substitute spaces and others, but they don't do nothing with the ampersand
> char.
> Any idea/suggestion?.

>     Thanks a lot.

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:26:56 GMT

1. getting right 2 characters from a string

2. getting fixed length string with non ascci character (including \0)

3. Finding & Counting Certain Characters in a string

4. A question about Characters & Strings in VB

5. Character 15 gets changed to character 12: why?

6. Search a string and change a character if it exists in the string

7. How can I replace an arbitrary character in a string (String functions in general)

8. getting query string from frame in jscript and getting frame name from another frame

9. Strange characters like &#8220 &#8217

10. I'd use string methods more if string were a structure and not a class

11. Pass &amp?

12. Passing fixed length string to API and is returning nulls in string